HI ALL IM NEW TO THIS !!!!!!

who are you? where are you? what do you do? do you go sailing down the Thames? canoeing down the nile? or trainspotting at Clapham junction?

Moderator: R C C

Boro Man
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: HI ALL IM NEW TO THIS !!!!!!

Post by Boro Man » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:41 pm

hi all you guys, :slbi: can anyone tell me if there is any targets to be met or bonuses to be gained? the reason i ask is because ive read a comment on another link, :slsad: i would be surprised if there is & to be honest i would rather there not be any, :slch: i aint done role play before either so im not sure what to expect hopefully if thats my next step!!!!

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by TheWanderer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am

There are indeed.

KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) within regions for response and clearance times etc.

There is such a thing as a box 1 on your annual PDP which means a bonus of £400 for those TOs who perform exceptionally but there is much inconsistency across TMs, Outstations and regions in how the box 1 policy is applied.

Some TOs get a box 1 tick as their TM interprets the box 1 criteria differently to another TM who doesn't give a box 1 to a TO performing at the same standard (or even higfher than) the other TO because they believe the criteria are written to prevent a TO from performing at box 1 standard.

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Post by snafu » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Boro Man wrote::slhi: hi snafu, thats given me a lift :slgo: you do sound as though you enjoy the job after 3 yr mind,
im quite a fit guy although ive just been fish shop for tea :slbi: hope i aint hounding you to much with questions just that im very interested...
when on the road, are you allways in a pair? yeah i can imaging you have to be thick skinned too, but to be honest that shudnt bother me,
having said that how far can a TO go before other emergency services step in? :slclap:
thats 1 of the main reasons why im wanting out of my current work is because the appreciation has gone, so that would be a bonus, i much prefer a good team spirit & everybody helping eachother were they can but with out the brown tonguing if you know what i mean :D can i ask what you did before being a TO snafu? :slst: :slwi:
If you go to the chippy, you should fit in fine :slhoo: :slclap:

Don't worry about hounding, though i may decline to answer some questions :slbl:

Always in a pair, yes apart from non ops like taking a car for service :slcud:

How far can a TO go :?: Not sure what you mean.

What did I do is one of those I shall decline to answer. Gotta watch for the stormtroopers :slbl:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Boro Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Boro Man » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:39 pm

thanks wanderer, i get what you mean sometimes bonuses aint justified properly & no doubt frustrating for the TO's

who maybe deserved it more than the ones who did actually did receive the bonus! suppose thats life & unfair but the way most companys work

nowadays. :slgo:

how long as HATO been running? it appears quite a new thing over the past couple of years!!! :slch:

Boro Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Boro Man » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:03 pm

thanks snafu, its ok & i kinda get the jest a bit now, it seems that there bit of an identity fear in here :slwi:

as for what i meant in how far can a TO go! i understand the police eventually deal with the fatality side of things, but lets say a TO

was the first to turn up at an accident & it looked quite serious at what point does a TO take a step back and make contact to the police, ambulance,

etc ? & how is this done? :slsic:

no doubt you had some decision making experiences in the past, is there any you could comment on to help me learn more about being a TO ? :slclap:

Boro Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Boro Man » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:14 pm

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE GUYS WHO HAVE ALREADY HELPED ME ALONG THE WAY WITH ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS & I HOPE THEY CONTINUE TO DO SO,

BUT IF ANYBODY ELSE WITH ANY USEFULL TIPS & PAST EXPERIENCES WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE SOME INFO, IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED :slclap:

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Post by snafu » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:08 pm

Boro Man wrote: but lets say a TO

was the first to turn up at an accident & it looked quite serious at what point does a TO take a step back and make contact to the police, ambulance,
The quick answer is you soon get a feeling for what is needed. Many times they have already been called by mops and so are on the way. :slgo:

As far as the police are concerned, any injury or criminality is their lead.
:slgo:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Jock Abroad
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Jock Abroad » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:49 am

Good luck with the application process Bman.

Once in, it's the easiest job in the world and a fair bit cleaner than your last. Lots of time off too.
Speed is not a cause, it is a contributory factor. It's incompetent driving that kills!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic