Hello

who are you? where are you? what do you do? do you go sailing down the Thames? canoeing down the nile? or trainspotting at Clapham junction?

Moderator: R C C

Nexus6
Rookie Member

Hello

Post by Nexus6 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 am

Hello all – great site and thanks for the useful information. I’ve put in my application for an on road TO and got my fingers crossed. Only recruiting to a waiting list though so could be in for a long wait.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Re: Hello

Post by snafu » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Welcome aboard :slgo:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

Post by falkor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:41 pm

welcome Nexus, do you have any motor vehicle/ driving skills to talk of? :slgo:

:slhoo: are you a fan of Blade Runner?

Nexus6
Rookie Member

Post by Nexus6 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:13 am

Hi Falkor – yes, big fan of Blade Runner since I was a kid. It’s 26 years old and set 10 years from now and still looks good. I like Rutger Hauer in general though – he’s just good at doing what he does. Salute of the Jugger being one of my absolute faves but don’t get me started on films!

As for driving – car & motorcycle and have spent many years driving up and down the motorways as a sales rep. You’ll have to take my word on the fact that I’ve always been a pretty safety conscious driver despite being a sales rep

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

Post by falkor » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:34 am

hi Nexus

I have seen Blade Runner 2 or 3 times

I seem to recognise that the avatar you have is one of the Artificial "Robots" for want of a better term, featured in the film - the nastiest one as I recall, totally ruthless and completely scary, wow he does not suffer fools gladly that is for sure

actually I am now remembering more and more about the film :slsp: wow, what a plotline come to think of it

I seem to remember there was a "Director's Cut" or something, but a great SCI FI film no doubt about it

in your view, what's the latest offering to hold a candle to it?

Salute of the Jugger I have never heard of, but I will now look out for it

what was your motorcycle? just out of interest :o

Nexus6
Rookie Member

Post by Nexus6 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:30 am

Definitely take a look at Salute of the Jugger and see if you can spot the legendary ‘Toe Cutter’ the leader of the biker gang in Mad Max. Not sure there is a film that really stands up next to Blade Runner, maybe Outlands with Sean Connery or Pitch Black with VD. I’m not a huge sci-fi fan so maybe that says something about the film if it appeals to me. Although I do like Ridley Scott’s original Alien so maybe he’s got something to do with it being the director of both.

Got an R1 at the moment, it is a few years old now but still fantastic. Not that it’s been a great summer full of riding though, wettest one for years!

jezza
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by jezza » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Outland, now that takes me back, classic Connery! :slgo:

Always thought Pitch Black was a bit over-rated, along with The Chronicles of Riddick. Bit too hammy for me :slw:
Just say NO to user bars!!!!!

Nexus6
Rookie Member

Post by Nexus6 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi Jezza – I agree with you on Chronicles of Riddick but I thought Pitch Black was pretty good.

Maybe we should ask for a members top ten films list and post the results. It’s a tough one and many films could have made it such as Goodfellas and North by North West but here’s mine in no particular order –

Heat, The Great Escape, Salute of the Jugger, Silence of the Lambs, The Godfather, Rear Window, Blade Runner, Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, Last of the Mohicans and A Few Good Men.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic