RCC Operator working hours, how dose it work?

who are you? where are you? what do you do? do you go sailing down the Thames? canoeing down the nile? or trainspotting at Clapham junction?

Moderator: R C C

jaykarl

RCC Operator working hours, how dose it work?

Post by jaykarl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I've been looking at the Rcc Job, and I'm a bit unsure of how to interpret the working hours.

This information below is what I got from the HA site. From my understanding it seams you work for 6 days for 16 Hours each day on the double shift pattern then get 3 days off?? I was looking at working around 30 Hours a week. Can anybody share with me their shift pattern so that I can get an idea of how it all works

Cheers
Jay

Earlies 0600-1500
Lates 1400-2300
Nights 2200-0700 every 3rd week or so

In a pattern of a) 2 earlies, 2 lates, 2 nights (24/7)

or b) 3 earlies, 3 lates (16/7 double day)

Either way you will probably work 6 days on 3 days off.

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Re: RCC Operator working hours, how dose it work?

Post by TheWanderer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Jay.

Depends which RCC as each region sets its own shift pattern. I'll hazard guesss at South Mimms?

You'll be doing an averge of 37hr week usually working 6 shifts of 8 hours then 3 days off then repeat 6 on 3 off.

2 contracts - sometimes a choice offered and other times not - 24/7 which involves some night work (number of shifts per month that are nights varies dramatically across the regions), and double days or 16/7 which means you'll work either the first half of those 0600 to 1400 or the 2nd half of 1400 to 2200, probably 3 earlies, 3 lates, 3 off. You wont need to work 16 hour shift!

Sometimes there are "cover" shifts which mean you'd work a dayshift occasionally but most of the time you'd be covering shortages on EITHER earlies or lates OR nights (depending on your contract)

Hope this helps to reassure you.

Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Daisy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:39 pm

What he said.

It is a tough shift pattern, especially when you go from lates with 2 and half days off to 6 early shifts - that is what this smilie was invented for - :slsa:

jaykarl

Post by jaykarl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:52 pm

TheWanderer wrote:Hi Jay.

Depends which RCC as each region sets its own shift pattern. I'll hazard guesss at South Mimms?

You'll be doing an averge of 37hr week usually working 6 shifts of 8 hours then 3 days off then repeat 6 on 3 off.

2 contracts - sometimes a choice offered and other times not - 24/7 which involves some night work (number of shifts per month that are nights varies dramatically across the regions), and double days or 16/7 which means you'll work either the first half of those 0600 to 1400 or the 2nd half of 1400 to 2200, probably 3 earlies, 3 lates, 3 off. You wont need to work 16 hour shift!

Sometimes there are "cover" shifts which mean you'd work a dayshift occasionally but most of the time you'd be covering shortages on EITHER earlies or lates OR nights (depending on your contract)

Hope this helps to reassure you.

ahhh I get it now this has helped my decision thanks for the reply.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic