Hi all !

who are you? where are you? what do you do? do you go sailing down the Thames? canoeing down the nile? or trainspotting at Clapham junction?

Moderator: R C C

Kermit
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi all !

Post by Kermit » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Got "The Call" recently having been on the waiting list for a few months and am just waiting to get an appointment for the medical, so, hopefully, I'll be starting the training in the not too distant future !
So, anyway, found this site whilst searching for the training location in Gloucs. and it's great to find somewhere you can get a real insight of what's involved in the job but, being new to this "civil Service" malarkey, I'm a bit miffed by the advice given in the "NEW MEMBERS / GUESTS PLEASE READ!" thread not to, basically, give any details that might identify you ? I note that this advice was given back in Nov. 06 but is this still valid and more importantly... what's it all about !?

Stoffus
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: Hi all !

Post by Stoffus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Welcome Kermit,
this is a great site with plenty of advice, everyone is great and willing to answer questions (so I have found anyway) so don't hesitate to ask.
I start training in a couple of weeks, and can't wait!. :slbi:

dadsmail
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'

Post by dadsmail » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi,

Welcome Kermit

I am no expert,so this is my humble opinion!

The whole point of a forum is the ability to speak freely and discuss topics that might not be approved by the highways agency, for that reason alone you need to remain anonymous. It would be foolish to think that some senior members of the highways agency wouldnt have a look on here from time to time.

Would anyone dare to voice their real views if any manager could see who had wrote it? probably not.

It is worth pointing out that a NT member (think it was newbie78) was told recently in training that it wasnt a definate no to being a member on this site but be very careful what you write.

To be honest kermit i dont understand why letting people know who you are is important to you, far better remain anonymous and keep the ability to talk or type openly!

Congratulations on getting to the medical stage, just passed mine and now counting down to my training starting!

dadsmail
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'

Post by dadsmail » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:39 pm

kermit, i have sent you a pm, check your inbox.

Kermit
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Kermit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Thanks guys, I should have explained my slight "concern" a bit better. I realise that certain topics and opinions will attract the attention of the powers that be.
What I was thinking of was more along the lines of finding out if participating in a forum such as this one even if it's just to discuss the finer points of traffic cones design was altogether frowned upon. I have no interest in "advertising" my real ID and was just wondering if some were actively trying to identify members of this forum. This particular query as been answered so, thanks again for the heads up :wink: !

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage :slgo:

Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Daisy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Hiya Kermie :slby: Welcome to the Forum

As others have said, it is good to remain anonymous on forums like this, they are not approved of by the HA and they do try to link user names to real names.

I am sure you will come across a few NTers what ever region you are going to.

Good Luck with the training etc

Daisy xx

newbie78
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by newbie78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:47 am

dadsmail wrote: It is worth pointing out that a NT member (think it was newbie78) was told recently in training that it wasnt a definate no to being a member on this site but be very careful what you write.

Yes twas me that made that comment ( only passing on what i was told in training :slzi: ).

Kermit, congrats on getting the "call", Im just coming towards the end of my training at moreton, if you want any help just PM ( think the other guys on here are getting a bit bored hearing me lol :slcr: :slcr: ).

cheers! newbie :slgo:
....it says HIGHWAYS AGENCY!! NOT POLICE!! FFS!!

kipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by kipper » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:46 pm

OW do . :slgo:
join the throng and keep us updated on how its all going .Enjoy the elc.
The training will come soon enough . :slgo: :slzi:

The One who smiles when it goes wrong, has thought of someone to piss on .

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Post by snafu » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:56 pm

Welcome to the fold Kermit :slclap: :slclap: :slclap:

keep it dark :slgo:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic