Hello!

who are you? where are you? what do you do? do you go sailing down the Thames? canoeing down the nile? or trainspotting at Clapham junction?

Moderator: R C C

BravoGolfCharlie1988
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Hello!

Post by BravoGolfCharlie1988 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Evening all,

just signed up after a recomendation from a police forum. Currently working in Kent Police control room, so occasionally have contact with Godstone RCC.

Always keeping a close eye on the HA website - really wanting to move over at the first opportunity!

incidentally, anyone on here work in/from Godstone or one of the Kent outposts?

Orinoco
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Orinoco » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Welcome BGC1988.

Have you had chance to whizz round the various discusions?
Would be intesting to get views/reaction from the other side of the fence.

Here, up North we share the turf with a number of Forces.....SORRY Police "Services" and get on pretty well, all but 1, the big 1, but things are improving.................slowly :?

You might want to pick the brains of the RCC staff on here and way up the pro's and con's before you commit to a move. The pay is CR4P unless you'll be in receipt of your pension by then.

Anyway, good to have you onboard and enjoy.
If you try and don't succeed, cheat.... Repeat until caught.... Then lie

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Welcome to the site, glad you followed my link :wink: enjoy the forum :D

BravoGolfCharlie1988
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by BravoGolfCharlie1988 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:50 am

Orinoco wrote:Have you had chance to whizz round the various discusions?
Would be intesting to get views/reaction from the other side of the fence.
Will certainly do. Working 10 hour shifts at present, but will be off tomorrow and have a good browse around :)

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

Post by falkor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Bravo do you have to wear uniform in your control room?

More and more control room staff are being forced to wear uniform

5 years ago civilians in control rooms across the MET POLICE were ALL wearing their own clothes and most of them loved it too - the freedom!!!!

now the MET have 3 super duper giant super efficient future technology control rooms for the whole of London and every control room civilian has to wear a uniform, including epaulettes and tie - I'm amazed they don't have to wear a hat and jacket as well TBH

anyway what's the score over your way Bravo? BTW do T.Os in RCCs have to wear uniform? or are they wearing their own clothes (far more civilised IMHO)

Grim_Reaper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Grim_Reaper » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:49 pm

I believe that TO`s in RCCs wear uniform but not the Hi-Viz. lol I don`t think TOs wearing their own clothes would work in the RCCs, can you imagine seeing Daisy n co coming into work in their short skirts, open neck tops etc. The on-roaders would be state 8 permanently. :shock: :wink: :-+
Fighting for peace is like Sh*gging for virginity!...

jezza
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by jezza » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Grim_Reaper wrote:I believe that TO`s in RCCs wear uniform but not the Hi-Viz. lol I don`t think TOs wearing their own clothes would work in the RCCs, can you imagine seeing Daisy n co coming into work in their short skirts, open neck tops etc. The on-roaders would be state 8 permanently. :shock: :wink: :-+
As above, uniform worn but no hi-vis issued.
Just say NO to user bars!!!!!

BravoGolfCharlie1988
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by BravoGolfCharlie1988 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:19 pm

falkor wrote:Bravo do you have to wear uniform in your control room?
Yep, have to wear Kent Police civvie uniform. Strangely enough, we have stricter uniform rules in our private, not-open-to-the-public control room than the staff at police station front desks have! No epaulettes though.

Just having our control room refurbished at the moment (it was only built a few years ago, but the roof isn't waterproof and the air conditioning doesn't work properly!), meaning we're all in temporary accomodation around the Kent HQ site... great fun...

G3UGK
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by G3UGK » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 am

"incidentally, anyone on here work in/from Godstone or one of the Kent outposts?"

I'm currently closely involved with the new comms system for the Kent "Cordon" - APNR - CCTV etc., etc. (That's M2 M20 A228 and A229), and occasionally have to call in to your control room at Maidstone, so maybe will run across you there. Also in Godstone quite often.

Phil C
(working with the HA, not employed by them)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic