Hello!

who are you? where are you? what do you do? do you go sailing down the Thames? canoeing down the nile? or trainspotting at Clapham junction?

Moderator: R C C

SuperflyTNT
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Hello!

Post by SuperflyTNT » Tue May 06, 2008 10:12 pm

I've been with the Agency since November last year but wasn't aware of this forum, I obviously now am!

So hello to you all, I'm a RCCO which, according to the the chap who sets up your registration for the NFDB means I'm not a TO!!! This is all because I set up my user name as XXHATO and he didn't like it claiming if I work in the RCC I'm not a TO, he even asked me to make it XXHATO1 so an on-roader could claim he accolade.

Two points I noted to the numpty, 1, I am a qualified TO with a Government pass that states so and 2, how often would on-road HATO's really use the NFDB???

He backed down!

Hope you're all well?

Cheers.

XXRCCO

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Re: Hello!

Post by snafu » Tue May 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Welcome aboard, on road or off road, all are TO's and all are welcome on NT :D
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Vic Mackey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Berserker'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Vic Mackey » Wed May 07, 2008 7:28 am

SuperflyTNT wrote:I've been with the Agency since November last year but wasn't aware of this forum, I obviously now am!

So hello to you all, I'm a RCCO which, according to the the chap who sets up your registration for the NFDB means I'm not a TO!!! This is all because I set up my user name as XXHATO and he didn't like it claiming if I work in the RCC I'm not a TO, he even asked me to make it XXHATO1 so an on-roader could claim he accolade.

Two points I noted to the numpty, 1, I am a qualified TO with a Government pass that states so and 2, how often would on-road HATO's really use the NFDB???

He backed down!

Hope you're all well?

Cheers.

XXRCCO

Welcome to NT, can you please state what "NFDB" is??

Many thanks,
Vic

Full Bodied Red
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Full Bodied Red » Wed May 07, 2008 9:09 am

Vic Mackey wrote:

Many thanks,
Vic
NFDB = National Faults Data Base

It's the system now being used to log all faults on equipment be it techi stuff in the RCC or erts & sigs etc on the road. It is supposed to make fault reporting easier & more efficient :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, Hello & welcome - this is definately the place to meet fellow workers :)

Haywain
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Chain Master'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by Haywain » Wed May 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Welcome Superfly and yes you are a TO (even if you do keep warm and dry :D )

Amazing isn't it - HA users here are probably more clued up than most, yet lots didn't know an abbreviation in common use.
Regards

Haywain

Meetings didn't make the Roman empire great, they just killed anyone who opposed them!

SuperflyTNT
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by SuperflyTNT » Wed May 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Full Bodied Red wrote:
Vic Mackey wrote:

Many thanks,
Vic
NFDB = National Faults Data Base

It's the system now being used to log all faults on equipment be it techi stuff in the RCC or erts & sigs etc on the road. It is supposed to make fault reporting easier & more efficient :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, Hello & welcome - this is definately the place to meet fellow workers :)
And it's a pain in the preverbial, I had some leave recently and when I got back I had about 250 e-mails and 90% were from the NFDB, I've only logged about 5 faults!!!

The thing is, certainly from experience in my region, is that it does seem to get the TECH MAC's to get the faults cleared more quickly now as, like the C & C, there is now an electronic audit trail for the faults, they can no longer say they've not received the fault thus meaning they now have to clear faults within their contracted time.

Cheers.

XXRCCO

Grim_Reaper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Grim_Reaper » Thu May 08, 2008 5:08 pm

welcome mate. From us outside, cold all-weather on-road TO`s to you nice n cosy, warm air-conditioned off roaders. lol
Fighting for peace is like Sh*gging for virginity!...

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Fri May 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Grim_Reaper wrote:welcome mate. From us outside, cold all-weather on-road TO`s to you nice n cosy, warm air-conditioned off roaders. lol
Cold!! you obviously haven't been on duty for the last few days, I've been sweating like a glass blowers ar$e!!! :o it's been that warm. Welcome to the site by the way :wink:

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Guinness Man » Fri May 09, 2008 7:17 pm

Hello and welcome it matters not to us on here whether you are indoors or outdoors, its what you do that counts. :D
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic