KPI's

for Recruitment and General Issues

Moderator: R C C

saltpepper
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

KPI's

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:06 pm

I very much understand in the great scheme of things we have to stand and be counted Stats and all that bumf, BUT how many OM'S or TM's have sat at an ERT desk and taken call after call after call and in between that taken normal calls and emergency calls, arranged recovery of that abandonded vehicle and ISU for the forth dead badger of the day or arranged rota garage for the 10th person with out breakdown cover? Not many i should think.

So please when you send your emails and your memo's and come in to the RCC shouting the odd's TRY IT YOURSELF SOMETIME the results may be very interesting and HOW ERT'S MANY CAN YOU STACK MR or MRS RED EPPULATTE before someone youv'e placed on hold starts to get upset with you. :sleye: :sleye: :sleye: :sleye: :sleye: :sleye:
Sorry for my outburst but i'm fed up with the way its easy to say something when you don't have to deal with it yourself day in day out.

Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: KPI's

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Do NOT get me started on this one :slsix:

For one thing - how are you meant to answer ERTs within 20 seconds when it is not uncommon to have 100+ ghost ERT calls from a few phones on the network. And it isn't like all ERTs ring at all the call takers desks - they ring randomly at different desks which is fine when all the desks are full... that leads me on to under staffing!! I know different regions need different minimal numbers, but it is quite normal for us to be below those numbers. They are now recording the ERT statistics for each day and then we are told how many we missed, this info is then used as a league table between the shifts and you get told where you have come out of all the shifts. We have started to take down information about how many bums were in seats for each day that KPIs were missed.

And what is the reaction to us missing KPIs? They have now said that they will consider disciplinary action. Hello!!! Maybe some training or enough people to do the job, or maybe slightly few ghosts calls. If we do get a repeat offender ERT then I cannot see the harm in putting it on hold so it doesn't ring in anymore. We know that the phone is broken, so if there was someone using it in an emergency they wouldn't be able to get through - yet we can still be threatened with more disciplinary for doing this!

There are now plans to bring in KPIs so that all calls that come through ICCS have to be answered within 40 seconds.

I often leave work with a sore throat and my ears ringing from pointless alarms and persistant ghost ERTs, I can honestly say that it boarders on a from of torture :slsa: :slsa:

Tricky
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 pm

I would say from reading these post that it is bullying by management, due to their inability to provide adequate training and people. Time for a few phone calls to the union methinks

Haywain
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Chain Master'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 pm

Definitely time for PCS to start knocking some heads together :3s: :3s:
Regards

Haywain

Meetings didn't make the Roman empire great, they just killed anyone who opposed them!

Northern Lad
Executive Member
Executive Member

Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Maybe time to keep a record of the ghost calls and put in a near miss report at the end of every shift until something is done about them.

I'm sure 'near miss' would apply to something which can affect your mental welfare and morale, just as much as a trip hazard or a close encounter with an LGV.
Northern Lad
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Matrix
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:06 pm

They were banging on about KPI's when i worked in the RCC. The 20 second ERT rule is rubbish. in the days the police answered the calls they openly admit a phone could have been ringing for 5-10 minutes without it being answered and it was never commented on. Yes i understand theere have to be standards but i dont see that the bullying tactics they use to enforce their targets are appropriate. As said i would contact PCS

conedoff
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 pm

unfortunately what salty refers to is one of the forms / normal management behavour and what our region is normally subject to, its budgie cage syndrome, when we start cheering up the cage gets a swift kick to quiet us down !! ( or a sharp stick between the bars !!)

Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:17 am

When it comes to PCS:

Sad but true, I do not believe for a second that they are capable of doing anything.

Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:18 am

Ooops... I posted it twice :slh:

But really, I and many others have emailed our union rep and got nothing in responce.

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:42 am

bypass your local rep and phone the union stating your rep is useless

vacker
Registered Member
Registered Member

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:45 am

There are now plans to bring in KPIs so that all calls that come through ICCS have to be answered within 40 seconds.
The national statistics already show how many calls are answered within 30 seconds, with every region hitting at least 97%, i would not worry about this. The question has to be asked however, if we hit 97% on ICCS calls surely the issue with ERT's lies with technology not personal. Also how many complaints has the HA received about us not answering the calls promptly? I have not seen any, therefore why set un-realistic targets with un-reliable technology when there is no issue in the first place.

delta sierra
Executive Member
Executive Member

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:20 am

I was pulled up on an ERT call the other day, which showed up as "not answered within 10 minutes". I had the person on hold while I was passing his info to the AA, that's why it wasn't answered...

Also, there is an inherent flaw in the COBS system and the NRTS transmission network which means it can take up to 5-10 seconds for a call to actually be answered once the "activate" button is pressed. I don't believe this is taken into account when the call statistics are taken out and put in front of us.

Whether this is an issue with the NRTS network itself being unable to perform properly or with Peek/Serco isn't known....

The KPI targets for ICCS calls are already being monitored and have ben for some time, but nothing has been done about it up to press. Apart from the several emails a week mentioning "use the TAKE CALL" button or else the stats won't be gathered....

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:23 pm

There should be individual KPI's as well as Group KPI's, one or two individuals can bring down a whole team so it does not matter how well you do your job.
If a job is graded as an immediate and you cant make the time tell them in the RCC and get it put on the log and in your PNB. :slt:
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

conedoff
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:59 pm

I might be cynical but ...........................................................

Don't our senior managers bonuses ~( in the region of 7k upwards ) depend on us who generally do not get a bonus at all , achieving these KPI targets.

That would likely explain the great interest shown by OM's upwards

Haywain
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Chain Master'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 am

Never had a straight answer in respect of what bonuses ROMs and OMs get in respect of achieving KPIs over and above their Box 1s. I have considered whether an FoI request might posibly settle it!
Regards

Haywain

Meetings didn't make the Roman empire great, they just killed anyone who opposed them!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic