Has anyone seen any new recruits?

for Recruitment and General Issues

Moderator: R C C

DennisTheMenace

Has anyone seen any new recruits?

Wed May 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi, I have been looking at the forum over the last few months, and thought i would finally post.. i appled to be a TO earler this year, passed the assesment centre and am currently on a waiting list. I called HR to see where i was on the list back in march and i was advised that i was around the middle of the list. I recently called them for an update and was told that there had been movement on the list, however , when i asked where i was on the list, i was still in the middle?!? ,has anyone seen any new recruits in the North West ??

DTM :slsix:

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Has anyone seen any new recruits?

Wed May 26, 2010 2:45 pm

We've got 3 starting in a month or so.

The Vicar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Wed May 26, 2010 3:35 pm

A new intake approx 11 peeps started there training about a week or so ago mate.
Traffic Officers Love Hard Shoulders and smooth thighs

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Thu May 27, 2010 12:24 am

DTM

Although there may have been some new recruits arriving that does not mean your position on the waiting list will change! When assesment centres are held there will be a requirement for x number of people. This will be made up of vacancies to fill and a desired number for a waiting list.

For example....an outstation has 3 vacancies and they want a waiting list of 12. So the top 3 at assessment will be offered jobs and the next 12 will go on the list. If all of the top 3 take the job offered then the waiting list will stay the same. Only if some do not take up the offer or there are then further vacancies will the list be used!

having said that don't be downhearted...some O/S have a bigger turnover than others :slgo:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

three37seven
Official Member
Official Member

Thu May 27, 2010 7:40 am

The middle of the list must be massive, 'cos we've all been told we are in the 'middle' of the list ?? Oh well, the long wait continues! :slzi:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic