Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Ebay

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Look whats cropped up on good old Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-breakdown-SAV ... AY-Highway

Who does this guy think he's kidding?

I'm pretty sure these don't actually exist. Are these official or counterfeit?

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:26 pm

Of course they are official........No one sells dodgy stuff on Ebay!

Do they?

Keokeo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:34 pm

We have them in our region, don't use them that regular though if a car is put on a 2 hour rule it lets BiB and other HA patrols know there is a log running.
I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.

PavementPizza
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:45 pm

They might be official but the item is being mis-represented. Filled a complaint with E-bay.

Hope its not a HATO trying to sell these, can't think how somebody would have got hold of however many he is selling unless he worked for us?
"I'm at MPxxx/x, I've got skid marks, any knowledge"

lieutenant fatman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:11 pm

Someone's going to be in a lot of trouble!
So is it worth buying one of these?
Hehe. :lol:
'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'

Northern Lad
Executive Member
Executive Member

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:27 pm

No wonder we have't got enough to go round all our vehicles :wink:
Northern Lad
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Gerrof my hardshoulder!
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:11 pm

And what exactly were you doing on ebay searching for HA stuff Mr Wanderer sir, ahem ahem? :shock:
You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:47 pm

Gerrof my hardshoulder! wrote:And what exactly were you doing on ebay searching for HA stuff Mr Wanderer sir, ahem ahem? :shock:
I was actually looking for a light-up warning triangle as a colleague has one and they're really good. Typed in "break down" and spotted this.
lieutenant fatman wrote:So is it worth buying one of these?
Hehe. :lol:
I've never seen one as we don't have them in our region. Not quite the same as a "Police Aware" sticker as patrols would generally know if a vehicle had already been attended or not due to dedicated patrol routes, especially when a patrol finds the car and asks the RCC for the incident number.

Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:25 pm

These are being trialled in the NE (i think it's the NE). We should all be getting them soon for abandons (2 hour rule).

Think is, it WON'T stop the car being towed as there is log numbers that will show it doesn't exist, AND if you didn't put it on the car, you would be very suspicious why a car on your route suddenly appeared with it on. You definitely want to get it checked.

HAEyeInTheSky
Committee Member
Committee Member

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:58 pm

I think they are quite a good idea - not just for the people who own/drive the vehicle - but for those patrols who go through anothers patch to get to theirs - the amount of times we get dup logs!
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background,
is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers

Charl_Hunter
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:14 pm

HAEyeInTheSky wrote:I think they are quite a good idea - not just for the people who own/drive the vehicle - but for those patrols who go through anothers patch to get to theirs - the amount of times we get dup logs!
Or assumably if you get one of those rare lesser spotted traffic police passing by.......

However, I think we're all agreed that they shouldn't be on ebay! Some of the stuff you can buy on there amazes me!
Swatted

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:31 pm

Traffic Management Act 2004

10 Offences

(1) A person who assaults a traffic officer in the execution of his duties is guilty of an offence and liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 51 weeks or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale (or both).

(2) A person who resists or wilfully obstructs a traffic officer in the execution of his duties is guilty of an offence and liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 51 weeks or to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale (or both).

(3) A person who, with intent to deceive-

(a) impersonates a traffic officer,
(b) makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he is a traffic officer, or
(c) makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he has powers as a traffic officer that exceed the powers he actually has,

is guilty of an offence and liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 51 weeks or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale (or both).

Perhaps E bay should be made aware of this?

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:35 pm

Maybe the H/A could buy a load off this guy/gal probably a lot cheaper than going via usual procurement procedures (and find the offending mole who's selling them as the same outstation would keep reordering,some logic there i think :? )

The idea is a good one in principle, we did ask about over a year ago for this sort of thing, but i think we just got more out of date leaflets instead. :)

X
Registered Member
Registered Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:33 am

i have also recorded a complaint through ebay as this is encouraging people to break the law by leaving their vehicle unattended on the hard shoulder.
just goes to show how little people know about mototrway rules and regulations.

bozzy
Rookie Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:58 am

These are currently a hot topic in our region. The main issue is that they are to be placed on the offside rear window so that passing traffic officers, police and other motorists can see that we are aware. The issue we have is that when the person returns to their car they are going to walk straight out to look at what is on their car putting them in danger being close to lane one and passing traffic whilst they take the details of what they have to do. By being put on the drivers side window people won't see them until they stop to deal with the vehicle anyway so in my opinion they are pointless.

There is also the opportunity for people to do with them what has happened here, they give people the opportunity to abuse them by selling them or placing them on their car and parking illegally knowing that nobody is going to deal with or report it because they believe it is already being dealt with. This is just going to encourage crime in the wrong hands.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic