Swedish Fruit cakes

for Recruitment and General Issues

Moderator: R C C

Nevr you mind
Committee Member
Committee Member

Swedish Fruit cakes

Post by Nevr you mind » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am

CORRECTION! The most common lie isn't "I'm fine" The most common lie is "I have read and agreed to the terms and use of conditions"

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Swedish Fruit cakes

Post by slabber » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:33 pm

I'll Sky+ that one, Spartacus blood and sand is on at the same time. :slgo:

Chocolate boy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Chocolate boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Dam those TV programmers. :sldoh: :sldoh:

The last thing I want to do is insult you......but it is on the list

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Sky+ HD is your friend!! :slgo:

Wrist Assessment
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Wrist Assessment » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:47 am

slabber wrote:Sky+ HD is your friend!! :slgo:
I'm down to my last dozen Betamax tapes now and the new releases on 8 track are getting a bit sparse as well :slt:
Life is one big DRA

Chocolate boy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Chocolate boy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 pm

At least we got a mention for being there and filming in our control room. NOT.

grumpy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by grumpy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Chocolate boy wrote:At least we got a mention for being there and filming in our control room. NOT.
However our patrol cars seem to have developed a siren, so its not all bad!

CB, I would agree that a bit of chat from the two WM lads would have been welcomed, if only because they went through the same feelings and actions as the CMPG folks.

At the end, it was thanks to CMPG etc, but no mention of the HA. The lads did a good job, under hard circumstances, so why not applaud them the same way everyone else was and let them help tell the story?

I did think, however, that we were put across better than during the original show; last time we just "...monitor[ed] congestion using roadside patrols...", not exactly the best way to describe to the masses what we do, is it?
No matter how good she looks.... Somebody, somewhere is fed up of her $hit....!!!

Chocolate boy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Chocolate boy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 pm

He he, I heard that siren too and wondered if anyone else noted it.

Oh well, well done to the fu%^ing useless management and media person AGAIN for not doing us proud. What hope do we have.

What exactly did the cops do other than get punched to the ground running around shouting in Sobena's (Think that was her name) direction to his colleague that she was on drugs.

LANDSHARK
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LANDSHARK » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Chocolate boy wrote:He he, I heard that siren too and wondered if anyone else noted it.

Oh well, well done to the fu%^ing useless management and media person AGAIN for not doing us proud. What hope do we have.

What exactly did the cops do other than get punched to the ground running around shouting in Sobena's (Think that was her name) direction to his colleague that she was on drugs.

The siren paste tends to happen on most of the fly on the wall police TV programmes - you can notice it when its dark and you can hear the siren, oh but no lights flashing off road signs etc!!!! It adds excitment, whatever :slrol:

I think the programme was more about what happened after the M6 bit, so thats why they didn't interview the HA chaps, plus the original camera crew were filming motorway cops (or similar).

I have to admire the TO's as they did get stuck in and help as do most, although CB comments about 'what did the cops do other than get punched to the ground running around shouting in Sobena's (Think that was her name) direction to his colleague that she was on drugs' are always helpful when we know that some things are edited, and to be honest i wonder what you would be shouting at your colleague at that point!!! They initially had to tread that fine line between this is a casualty of a RTC, however shes attacking me, what the feck do i do!!!! I've been there and trying to restrain someone who has just been run over isnt easy nor does it look good to the public!!!! :slsa:

ps, they didn't thank the paramedics, the air ambulance or the ISU crews either!!!

Chocolate boy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Chocolate boy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Looks like I'm not the only one that thought so.

http://national-pcsos.co.uk/h2phpBB3/vi ... ish#p60193

LANDSHARK
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by LANDSHARK » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Yes CB if you say so, I'm sure you could of done better etc etc........

Watching it on telly with hindsight it's so easy to pick holes in what people do!!!

Vostapo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Vostapo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:45 pm

LANDSHARK wrote:Yes CB if you say so, I'm sure you could of done better etc etc........

Watching it on telly with hindsight it's so easy to pick holes in what people do!!!
Couldn't agree more LS, I defy anyone who says they can maintain a perfectly level head and act without fault in that situation, no matter what role you perform we are all human when it comes down to it. No amount of training can ever prepare you for the shock of incidents such as that.
Last edited by Vostapo on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Hear hear, I've been in a similar position when a guy threw himself in front of a LGV right in front of my eyes. My legs went a bit wobbly! Until anyone of us has actually been in their place, we shouldn't slate their actions. Now look what you've done! You've got me being sensible!

grumpy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by grumpy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm

Im quite happy to admit I would $hit myself in that situation!
No matter how good she looks.... Somebody, somewhere is fed up of her $hit....!!!

Chocolate boy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Chocolate boy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:47 am

Funny isn't it, whenever people want to slag hato's off they do yet when you make one little comment about what a cop did everyone says how well they did. How long did the female cop tickle her for before being punched??

I didn't say I could do better and as you can see from the other thread, I wasn't the only one who commented on the Police actions.

"oh the Police are wonderful, the wombles are useless so much so we don't even need to thank them in the end credits, hail the Police"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic