Staffing Levels

for Recruitment and General Issues

Moderator: R C C

Re: Staffing Levels

Tue May 29, 2012 10:02 pm

I here at Whittlesford outstation their are crisis talks due to losing most of their staff due to bad management! :slzi:

TM1
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Centaur'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Wed May 30, 2012 9:43 am

Couldn't possibly know anything about bad management, But I recon we are down about 30% on our staff levels at the outstation.
As previously stated I don't see any reduction in management levels above TM. :slbe:
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow,
Don't walk behind me I may not lead,
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Wed May 30, 2012 11:23 am

What is going to happen when the management out weigh the TOs? Will be left to manage themselves.

Maybe just maybe that is what SSW wants reduce the numbers down so he can get his way with his unhealthy, danerous way of single crewing!! :sleye: Who better to do it but a bunch of yes men TMs :slsa:

Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 am

Guest wrote:What is going to happen when the management out weigh the TOs? Will be left to manage themselves.

Maybe just maybe that is what SSW wants reduce the numbers down so he can get his way with his unhealthy, danerous way of single crewing!! :sleye: Who better to do it but a bunch of yes men TMs :slsa:
sorry re the bad spelling was typing in a hurry :slst:

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Wed May 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Guest wrote:What is going to happen when the management out weigh the TOs? Will be left to manage themselves.

Way too many problems with that scenario.
1. The managers generally can't manage anyone never mind themselves.
2. Most haven't got a scoobys on rd so single crewed they would be a dangerous liability to themselves & others.
3. Most importantly they cannot be a bunch of yes men as it would not pass EQiA's :slw: where's the women :slbe:
Laying cones-Delaying people, What's today's imaginary KPI?

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm

24/7 = 27 O.M's/T.M's to 7 T.O's.

I am aware that at least two outstations in the east have failed to put any patrols out on occassion and it would appear this has not caused any concern with grades above TM1b now there's a suprise. Also our RCC seem's to be level 2 more often than not. It's rumoured there may be some recruitment next year but I wont hold my breath. Is this repeated elsewhere around the country.
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Guinness Man wrote:24/7 = 27 O.M's/T.M's to 7 T.O's.

I am aware that at least two outstations in the east have failed to put any patrols out on occassion and it would appear this has not caused any concern with grades above TM1b now there's a suprise. Also our RCC seem's to be level 2 more often than not. It's rumoured there may be some recruitment next year but I wont hold my breath. Is this repeated elsewhere around the country.
In my area oop north this has never been the case. Although there are occasions where outstations, due to having to give leave with reduced headcount (though some of this can also be accounted by poor management giving leave when it should not have been), have got as low as 50% patrols on occasion.

To be fair our TM2s do refuse leave when it is outside policy and in our area where this is due to leave policy versus headcount the same TM2s have kicked off that it is leaving those crews (including the same TM2s crewing up to make the numbers up on a regular basis) that are on poorly or not supported ...not that the TM3s (with an odd exception) seem to care!
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Staff not being replaced when they leave and long term absence that miraculously ends when the pay does are the main cause for us. Team Managers also give themselves leave and we have periods with no T.M cover what so ever up to 3 days on occasion.
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

There are times when we are remotely managed on nights by a TM 100 miles away!!!

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:37 pm

slabber wrote:There are times when we are remotely managed on nights by a TM 100 miles away!!!
In essence you & GM are saying they are not really required :slgo: .

Making up crews isn't really a TM role is it, surely that would be a TO role :slw:
Laying cones-Delaying people, What's today's imaginary KPI?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm

TOS in a word, SHAMBLES!!! couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery, at the Highways agency the there is more piss takers than decent honest people and you will find GM, they are the ones that are leaving.

With traffic at their current levels the Traffic officer service is surplus to requirements. :slno:

Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 pm

^ ex-ISU op? :slyr:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Race Track wrote:^ ex-ISU op? :slyr:
Ha I dont think so pal, ex traffic plod ex HA colleague now DFT

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:41 am

Asap wrote: In essence you & GM are saying they are not really required :slgo: .

Making up crews isn't really a TM role is it, surely that would be a TO role :slw:
Is it not? Well it should be! After all why train them to be able to perform those duties? Possibly a question you often ask yourself lol

But that is my whole point, they should be out doing the job on a regular basis then they might have some understanding of what the TOS actually is here for, rather than filling out pointless pieces of paper and spreadsheets that the higher echelons deem important, mainly because it either covers their backsides or justifies their jobs when they have been doing jack for 7 years but now that money is tight they have to produce something!

The latest round of e learning springs to mind!!!!!

So they should be doing the basic line management job and other than that be on the road.
Life, don't talk to me about life.

TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Guest wrote:TOS in a word, SHAMBLES!!! couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery, at the Highways agency the there is more piss takers than decent honest people and you will find GM, they are the ones that are leaving.

With traffic at their current levels the Traffic officer service is surplus to requirements. :slno:
Guest wrote:
Race Track wrote:^ ex-ISU op? :slyr:
Ha I dont think so pal, ex traffic plod ex HA colleague now DFT
:sleye:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic