for Recruitment and General Issues

Moderator: R C C

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Staffing Levels

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:53 pm

1/2 the quantity, double the quality :slzi: :sleye: :slme:

(Hopefully i'm not mixing this up with TO31's other thread, but if the cap fits :sleye: )
Laying cones-Delaying people, What's today's imaginary KPI?

TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Asap wrote:1/2 the quantity, double the quality :slzi: :sleye: :slme:

(Hopefully i'm not mixing this up with TO31's other thread, but if the cap fits :sleye: )
The cap doesn't fit! :P

TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm quite surprised by the level of "babysitting" you guys are under!

What's wrong with being left alone to get on and do the job, with management being available if and when?

Are you guys allowed to use the toilet unsupervised? ;)

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah, but even then there are posters advising you to clean up after you and what colour cloths to us!!!

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 pm

slabber wrote:Yeah, but even then there are posters advising you to clean up after you and what colour cloths to us!!!
And now you have the 'new' assurance & compliance teams coming to check you follow the correct procedure slabs :shock:

TO31 you forget keeping traffic moving isn't a HA remit :slsix:

TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Asap wrote:
slabber wrote:Yeah, but even then there are posters advising you to clean up after you and what colour cloths to us!!!
And now you have the 'new' assurance & compliance teams coming to check you follow the correct procedure slabs :shock:

TO31 you forget keeping traffic moving isn't a HA remit :slsix:
Slabber won't mind anyone checking him out while having a dump/p**s. ;)

Yes, I've come to realise that keeping traffic moving isn't a priority. Madness!

pongolad
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Half-Troll'
Alignment: 'Illithid'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Numbers can't be that bad in the North East - the HA managed to turn out two TOV's with 8 Bods to a simulated incident, last week, in Teesside :slh:

Interesting, as they still don't patrol the A19 (despite the rumours of 5 years ago :slrol: ). Needless to say they weren't needed, weren't used but no doubt accrued some 'time in lieu' :slzi:

The ISU - who usually operate on the A19 - were also in attendance but they weren't used either :slhuh:

eastern guest

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:28 pm

I hear another one is leaving whittlesford Guinness man you will be the only 1 left. Does not say a lot for that station.

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi eastern guest are you one who has left in recent months you seem familiar? People leaving is not confined to whittlesford there are other outstations that are struggling as well. I doubt I will be the only one left though I should think there will be some recruitment soon as across the region there are quite a few vacancies.
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

snafu
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 am

Guinness Man wrote: I doubt I will be the only one left though I should think there will be some recruitment soon as across the region there are quite a few vacancies.
You sure GM? They have not got a clue what they want, let alone what they are going to do about it :slsix:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 am

The east region has lost quite a lot of T.O's over the past couple of years, several have also transfered to other outstations but numbers are well down to the point of not being able to put patrols out at times. So they either close the doors and put closed up or they recruit to maintain a service, with the changes being proposed by our local police forces we are going to be very necessary. Come the first of April under our new regime we will only have 3 T.M's so there will be 2 extra T.O's at my place or will they be assistants to the O.M's so no saving there I will wager. As I have said before the amount of people we have lost has given a considerable saving when all the costs of employing someone are taken into account and the reduced capacity has saved on patrols and the associated costs there. I have not got a clue what the people in the backroom do anymore as the stuff they did look after is now out with various organisations.
At the end of the day time will tell, I will keep my eye open for the advert in the early new year.
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Guinness Man wrote: numbers are well down to the point of not being able to put patrols out at times. So they either close the doors and put closed up or they recruit to maintain a service, I will keep my eye open for the advert in the early new year.
Or reduce service levels & KPI's, The magic bullet of single crewing is probably a long way off if ever.

Don't be losing sleep keeping your eyes open unless it's RCC 'oppo vacancies your looking to see :)

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm

We all think we know whats going to happen but its just opinion and to be honest nothing would suprise me these days. I think tere will be recruitment for both on and off road early next year.

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Forgot to say there is no lower level of service than no patrol.

TM1
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Centaur'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Will the last one out please switch off the lights. :slwi:
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow,
Don't walk behind me I may not lead,
Just walk beside me and be my friend.