• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
As the horror of the Grenfell Tower block fire unfolded on Wednesday (June 14) morning, people from across the country have started asking what they can do to help those affected.

It's thought that around 500 people call the Lancaster West Estate high-rise home, and they need help - most of them will have lost everything.

getwestlondon has launched this JustGiving page, in aid of those affected by the horrific fire.

Although we'll never be able to replace their loved ones, memories and homes, we can help them rebuild.

We can show them that there's a whole country of people willing to support them as best as we can.

So if you can afford it, even just £1, please show these people some love at this terrible time and donate.

HATO Recruitment 2014

for Recruitment and General Issues

Moderator: R C C

pcpie2008

HATO Recruitment 2014

Post by pcpie2008 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello there guys and gals,

I recently applied for a HATO post in the Cambs area.

I had to then do some online tests, which I passed.

I have now been invited to an assessment centre at South Mimms in June.

Anyone know what happens at these assessment centres?

There is mention of a Safety Scenarios Test?

Can anyone give anymore information on this?

Thank you in advance :)

Clayton

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: HATO Recruitment 2014

Post by slabber » Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Welcome to the forum bud, unfortunately, this site is very quiet which is a shame as it used to be a busy site. :(

dikki124

Post by dikki124 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:59 am

Hi. I started as a HATO a month ago. Scenario I had was woman broken down on hard shoulder trying to get you to change her wheel. Just make sure you read the scenario they give you on the day before it starts then afterwards you get a sheet asking if you would have done anything differently. Just make sure you or your customer are not at risk during the role play and you will be fine. In my role play I did panic a bit but if you are sensible you will be cool. Good luck.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'
Mood:

Post by falkor » Sun May 25, 2014 8:19 am

dikki as a matter of interest when they asked you if you would have done anything differently, what did you say? :mrgreen:

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Hello,

I am also attending the assessment day at South Mimms in June. Is the safety test written or verbal? Also is this just the next stage in the recruitment process, meaning, if successful there is another stage where you under go further interview and role play exercises?

And finally my experience is pretty limited to hospitality, I've found that a lot of HATO's have police, army or driving experience, will my work history hold me back?

Many Thanks Patrick

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Wed May 28, 2014 11:08 pm

The assessment is the main part of the recruitment process, pass that and the only processes after that if you pass is vetting, medical and formal job offer. I'm afraid I cant offer any advice on the assessment as its been 8 years since I did mine. As long as you have the right qualifications and/or suitable work experience, it doesn't matter what your background is. The latest batch of recruits are not ex military/police etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic