Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'
Mood:

BBC 2 on Tuesday, 9 September The Motorway: Life in the H.A

Post by falkor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 pm

We're on the TV - spread the word!

Aug 21, 2014 17 likes

The Motorway: Life in the Fast Lane – the four-part BBC documentary featuring the work of the Highways Agency, their supply chain and key partners in keeping the M6 running is going to air next month

We’re still waiting for official confirmation, but the first episode is currently scheduled for transmission on BBC 2 on Tuesday, 9 September.

“Having seen final edits of the documentary, it really does reflect the work of the Highways, while also making great television. It covers everything people would expect, but much more besides – from traffic officers directing the army to keep the M50 open during the winter storms, to relocating great crested newts at Catthorpe.

“There is real humour throughout the four shows, but also very serious and sensitive issues such as staff dealing with the realities of working on a busy motorway and literally being confronted with life and death issues every day.

The documentary looks at the wider aspect of the work involved in keeping a busy section of motorway running, and this is reflected in the titles for each hour-long episode:

The need for speed
The weight of traffic
Keeping the show on the road
No such thing as an accident
While the series looks at the M6 in the Midlands, many Highways Agency staff and partners work in equally challenging circumstances throughout the country.

saltpepper forever

Re: BBC 2 on Tuesday, 9 September The Motorway: Life in the H.A

Post by saltpepper forever » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:08 am

The TO show loo an in this Series both On Road and RCC I worked along side up until my medical retention in 2012. I can honestly say Guys Gals I miss you all desperately and found several tears and a lump In the throat to see so many of my work colleagues
I went away quietly as requested in February 2012 after 7 great years we had some rotten days and some bloody good ones. So well done old friends and I hope perhaps you will remember me on the odd occasions when you wish ------ was the other end or the radio and always appreciated the work you do.
Miss you all WM TRAFFIC OFFICERS ON & OFF ROAD :slclap: :slclap: :slsad: :slsad: :slclap:

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: BBC 2 on Tuesday, 9 September The Motorway: Life in the H.A

Post by slabber » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Nice to see you back SP. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic