Moderator: R C C

Haywain
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Chain Master'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: Trousers

Post by Haywain » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:40 pm

Quality appears to be extremely variable. I've had one pair that has lasted from the start and others that have failed in various ways.

Burlingtons are supposed to be addressing QC issues - we'll wait and see!

One thing I would love to know, but have never had a straight answer when I've asked the question, is does the HA get a free replacement everytime we send a faulty garment back :?:
Regards

Haywain

Meetings didn't make the Roman empire great, they just killed anyone who opposed them!

Grim_Reaper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Grim_Reaper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:00 pm

The combat trousers first. The buttons are poorly sewed on, the stitched seam falls apart, the hems fall down. Apart from that they`re better suited as a style for on-road.
The gore-tex lightweight jackets. Had a memo in weekly orders stating that velcro and waterproofing problems are a result of not following the washing instructions given. I have since pointed out a flaw in this statement. The velcro on my jacket is a mess, that`s the bits that haven`t already fallen off, that is. And my jacket hasn`t been washed yet, so no fabric conditioner or Bio washing powder can be blamed. After approaching a TM and pointing this out, I was told to inform my TM and wash it, so that it could be sent away to have press stud fasteners fitted. So, to put it bluntly, the washing excuse doesn`t wash with me. lol
Fighting for peace is like Sh*gging for virginity!...

kipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by kipper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Sounds all a bit wishy washy to me .
Your damned if you do and damned if you dont. :lol:
Why they cant just rectify the design flaw god knows.

eagerly awaiting pop-studs for over flap.

The One who smiles when it goes wrong, has thought of someone to piss on .

cowboy10uk
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by cowboy10uk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:02 pm

EVERYONE of my trousers has a seam coming apart somewhere, Figured it was cause i'm a fat git, but so so happy to see i'm not the only one with this problem, One day I can see it, coning out some poor soul who is stuck in lane 1, Bend down to get a cone and Bang, Trousers fall apart like some bad benny hill show, Damn thats gonna be an intresting day :D :oops: :oops:

saltpepper
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by saltpepper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:10 pm

cowboy10uk wrote:EVERYONE of my trousers has a seam coming apart somewhere, Figured it was cause i'm a fat git, but so so happy to see i'm not the only one with this problem, One day I can see it, coning out some poor soul who is stuck in lane 1, Bend down to get a cone and Bang, Trousers fall apart like some bad benny hill show, Damn thats gonna be an intresting day :D :oops: :oops:
If your one of our WM hato's then its your own fault for all those buttie stops.

cowboy10uk
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by cowboy10uk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 pm

saltpepper wrote: If your one of our WM hato's then its your own fault for all those buttie stops.

Haha, Nope I'm not one of your WM Hato's But now I come to think of it, Maybe 6 buttie stops a shift, may be the problem :D

The Punisher
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Punisher » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:43 pm

6 butty stops???

Lightweight :lol: :lol:
Children in backseats cause accidents
Accidents in backseats cause children

It's only me
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Blessed'

Post by It's only me » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:34 am

I wonder what feedback, if any, that Burlington's have had, perhaps they need to be sent a link to this thread.
Get off my road !!!

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by TheWanderer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:03 pm

lol. Burlingtons have probably read it already. I have it on very good authority that Protec (old safety sign / consumables supplier) were regular viewers of NT as it was the only way the HA would actually tell them what they wanted!

jezza
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Post by jezza » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:36 pm

The Punisher wrote:6 butty stops???

Lightweight :lol: :lol:
Indeed. Must try harder. :1:
Just say NO to user bars!!!!!

Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Asap » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:08 pm

cowboy10uk wrote:EVERYONE of my trousers has a seam coming apart somewhere, Figured it was cause i'm a fat git, but so so happy to see i'm not the only one with this problem, One day I can see it, coning out some poor soul who is stuck in lane 1, Bend down to get a cone and Bang, Trousers fall apart like some bad benny hill show, Damn thats gonna be an intresting day :D :oops: :oops:
That's already happened to one of our larger colleagues (he know's who he is :wink: , oh i just quoted him) :lol: :lol: , and yes he looked a **** ( only kidding :wink: )in his waterproof pants on warm summer's day's while waiting for new pant's :) , i'm surprised the whole outstation weren't put on a diciplinary for taking the mick out of the poor guy :lol:
Laying cones-Delaying people, What's today's imaginary KPI?

Bob Parr
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bob Parr » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Mind you cures the old betty swollocks issue 8)

jezza
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by jezza » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Correct. I do believe The North Face and similar outdoor apparel merchants have marketed this 'feature' as a form of vent to prevent testicular overheating when engaged in strenuous outdoor activity, yet our beloved suppliers have incorporated them for us completely free of charge.

Lucky devils, aren't we? :1:
Just say NO to user bars!!!!!

Tricky
Elite Member
Elite Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Tricky » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Ex-prison service. Double diamond was great. Alexander is poo.
Now work for HA. Burlington's IS learning no doubt. Yes seams are going etc. Burlington's if you are reading this, then there is a simple cheap solution. Stronger thread and double stitch. End of problem.

Alexander is also beginning to learn, only because the Prison Service will no longer pay them for uniform returned within the first month of issue, so I have been told by someone still with the service. Maybe we should do the same.

It's only me
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Blessed'

Post by It's only me » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:11 pm

My wife has just had her sewing machine out restitching pockets, fastening velcro back on and re-doing the turnups on two pairs of trousers and they aren't even a month old yet! :x
Get off my road !!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic