New OM's

for "operational issues"

Moderator: R C C

vacker
Registered Member
Registered Member

New OM's

Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:56 pm

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the way that the new OM's have been recruited and how you feel about being lead by people who have no existing knowledge of the organisation.

Northern Lad
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: New OM's

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Some have been recruited from On Road TM's with 3 years service.
Northern Lad
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

jezza
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm

vacker wrote:I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the way that the new OM's have been recruited and how you feel about being lead by people who have no existing knowledge of the organisation.
Has the potential to be good - people who haven't been brought down by the "we can't do that 'cos we're in the civil service" mentality could breathe some new life into the service.

Likewise, TM's that can do the job, are widely respected amongst their staff SHOULD get the chance of promotion too.

TM's and other external candidates that just know how to succeed against an interview panel but don't have any on-road experience will be facing an uphill battle from the moment they get that tippex stripe on their epaulettes IMHO.
Just say NO to user bars!!!!!

Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:29 pm

vacker wrote:I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the way that the new OM's have been recruited and how you feel about being lead by people who have no existing knowledge of the organisation.
I take it you must be one?

saltpepper
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:55 am

Two really big surprises in our area one from external (Husband of an On Road TM) and one from T.I.M. not met this one before so can't pass judgement.
Due to these external candiates it would appear that we in the West Mids will not have a T/M recruitment campaign if the rumours are to be believed, to the detriment of 3 TRA's / Lead OP's who will now suffer as they did not apply for the out of region post's, further rumours are now rife that if you get put on a reserve list for out of region and your region then needs TM's those on the list can ask to have that post.
Will prove very interesting this as one lead op is already jumpimg up and down as he only wanted our region.

Nighthawk
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Crickey... More chiefs! Watch the P's and Q's and have more interest in Radio procedure and wear the correct shirt!!!!!
Not what I come to work for I might add.. Kit or training that's essential get's ignored cos they are more interested in shirts!
Bout time they got some chiefs with on road experience! They'll start out ok, but wait for the brain washing!
Yea Though I Drive Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Fear No Evil....... (Junc 16 - 17)

vacker
Registered Member
Registered Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm

jezza wrote:I take it you must be one?
No I have left the HA but saw the advert and have spoken to some old colleagues who were unsuccessful so am keen to see if people believe there is a career structure in the HA (one of the reasons I left).

kipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:15 pm

vacker wrote:
No I have left the HA but saw the advert and have spoken to some old colleagues who were unsuccessful so am keen to see if people believe there is a career structure in the HA (one of the reasons I left).

From the outside of goldfish bowl looking in, :slbli:
IMHO there`s more chance of there being a letter `Y' in the day of the week.

Depends at what level entry you come in at really. looking at it reallisticly and NOT through pink + fluffy rose tinted glasses. :slsix:

From the bottom rung of a TO, the steps being very very -------very limited. Unless you sideways shift or adapt to being a desk jockey full time and enter at that level,
ladder climbing will take you a long long time unless you got golden bo**##ks and can end all the worlds travesties, but saying that , I just could be wrong.

It all depends on what your looking for in life, personal choice.

Only thing i will say is that anyone coming in, in the future, should aim to start as high as they can feasibly possible. They might even "make up" some more split positions who knows.

I might even candidate for Prime Minister soon, anyone got a £1,000.spare they want to sponser me to start with ???

If Screaming Lord Sutch can do it, (and he just used to be a circuit rock`n' roll band) anyone can.

Lets face it, we got screwed on the 1st intake when the spine levels pay structure that was advertised got put on hold.

And they wonder why people are leaving in droves ?
Granted there will always be natural turnover, but not the amount ive seen just recently.
Good calibre individuals disillusioned by something.

Ah well, chin-up PIP PIP .. rant over.

Next !

The One who smiles when it goes wrong, has thought of someone to piss on .

Keokeo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Kipper Wrote
unless you got golden bo**##ks
I am offended by that remark that is not always the case many on here know me and please guys if you think this is the case let me know because I would like to think I got it on my strengths as a TO not because I have GOLDEN B*££*(ks
Last edited by Keokeo on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.

Alpha Bravo Guy
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Elder Bard'

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Whooa steady on KK you know what most think of you. :slgo: :slcup:
Please don't steal - the Government doesn't like competition!

jezza
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Daisy wrote:I take it you must be one?
vacker wrote:
jezza wrote:I take it you must be one?
Since when have I been called Daisy??? :slw:

(Only on Sunday's before the smartar$es chip in :slbe: )
Keokeo wrote:Kipper Wrote
unless you got golden bo**##ks
I am offended by that remark that is not always the case many on here know me and please guys if you think this is the case let me know because I would like to think I got it on my strengths as a TO not because I have GOLDEN B*££*(ks or due to the fact I S@ck C"ck or am have brown nose!!!!!!
[/quote]

For the record, I promoted him because he bought me Pies. Try it yourself and you'll get the same treatment each and every one of you :sltm:

The fact he's a damn good TO has got ferk all to do with it :slgo:
Just say NO to user bars!!!!!

kipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:50 pm

:slpe: Hmmm seems like i stirred up a steamy debate here.

Right, well , my reply comment is as follows:-

WOW ! Hold on there KK. Nothing personal directed to you or anyone here.
Where did that come from ?
It was a general flippent comment I made and perhaps written in wrong context and without engaging brain before typing.
Ime sure anyone who has took the next step did by use of their own merits.

Apologies to you and anybody who may have taken that comment on a personal level.

And just for the record, i will go back to my post and edit it accordingly if someone requests me to do so, or the moderators edit or make a request for the same or they delete it

Thats NOT how i meant it to read.

If you have just made a promotion board success, or made an achievement of some kind by your response ? then well done you :slclap:

And before anyone else thinks ime writing in a bitter context ,well you would be oh so wrong.

Just for the record though, my comment on Personal choice in life and direction stands.
I made the move of my own free will knowing what I was leaving behind, in search of new horizons, as maybe we all do. I have now been enlightened and will still choose to take my choice as to what career I would like to do or apply for, nobody elses. whether i get it, depends on many variables and my own merits. Same goes for anyone.
Personally, I am happy in what i do and apply myself to, i like to get the job done well with a view to a final conclusion. I take pride in what I do as ime sure many do too. Thats just me and how i like things to be, be it right or wrong. Would you employ such an individual ? dont answer that one. If ime ok and good at my job then so be it, if ime crap then ime sure someone will tell me and help to attempt to adjust that initially, or at least ide like to think so.
Saying that, is that a p45 i see before me ???? :slh:
As i said , the post will be edited if so requested.

So far as my interpretation of the phrase `Golden B###*s' goes, is that it`s a derogative comment of a person who is Exceptionally good at what they do and is highly esteemed in their field, and is very well liked by their immediate peers, and the fact it makes public viewing highlights it.
eg. David Beckham.
It has nothing to do with "sucking " whatever or wherever. unless the term has lost its true original meaning and deviated to stand for something else these days. as quite often things do.

nuff said. pm me if this needs further resolution.

The One who smiles when it goes wrong, has thought of someone to piss on .

Keokeo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 am

Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to appologise for my rant/outbirst earlier on in this thread,after reading Kippers reply I see that I took his comment completely out of context, I will if he or anyone else wishes edit my post accordingly.
I have also PM'd Kipper with a personal appology. :slcud: :slcud:
In mitigation I read the post after spending over 30 mins on the phone to a call centre in some far off foreign land,having to give my date of birth,post code and mothers maiden name on numerous occassions, THEN I still did not get a satisfactory answer too my problem.
No excuse I know but for future reference to my self
''Don't go on NT when you are wound up''
Once again sorry one and all

PS I have edited my original post but as Jezza quoted me it is still on there :slh: :slh:
I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.

conedoff
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:29 am

Just think the external recruitment and how some of the posts have been filled, will further fuel cynicism amongst the ground floor and will no doubt add to whats further becoming a massive Chasm between management and operational staff. The lack of understanding of what we do is becoming a real hinderance to us getting the job in the way we know how, cannot see this helping the situation.

As a policeman asked after a recent incident, "whats the point of you, if your not allowed to do anything"

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 am

conedoff wrote:
As a policeman asked after a recent incident, "whats the point of you, if your not allowed to do anything"
What did the Bib mean you're not allowed to do anything, where I am its not unusual for them not to turn up they leave it to us for the most part or they are running from some distance and the job is tucked up and put to bed pretty much by the time they arrive (thats not a dig)
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic