Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

for "operational issues"

Moderator: R C C

User avatar
Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: South East
Contact:

Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60193Post Race Track
Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:25 pm

BBC News 26 Nov 09 wrote:
M6 dash woman jailed over killing
Image Sabina Eriksson

Sabina Eriksson was jailed for five years at Luton Crown Court

A woman has been jailed for killing a man she met on the day she appeared in court for punching a police officer who tried to stop her running on to the M6.

Sabina Eriksson, 41, admitted the manslaughter of Glenn Hollinshead in Stoke-on-Trent on 20 May 2008 on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

She was sentenced to five years at Luton Crown Court on Thursday.

Swedish national Eriksson, of County Cork, in the Irish Republic, admitted the offence at an earlier hearing.

The court heard that Eriksson had a rare psychiatric disorder which made her hear voices, but she could not interpret what they said.

Eriksson, of Mallow, befriended Mr Hollinshead when he was walking home from a pub on 29 May 2008.

Took pity

Earlier that day, she had appeared before Fenton Magistrates' Court charged with punching a policewoman who had tried to stop her from running across the M6.

That incident had happened near Keele services, in Staffordshire, on 17 May 2008.
Image Glenn Hollinshead

Glenn Hollinshead was found dead in Fenton in May 2008

It was recorded on camera by a film crew from the BBC TV show Traffic Cops.

Magistrates in Fenton had sentenced Eriksson to one day in prison for the assault on the police officer, but she was immediately released because of the time she had already spent in custody.

The court was told how Mr Hollinshead took pity on Eriksson and invited her to stay at his house as she had nowhere else to sleep.

However, in the morning she stabbed him four times with a kitchen knife, killing him.

She was later seen by witnesses with a hammer, using it to hit herself on the head, before jumping 40ft (12.2m) from a bridge on to the A50 in Stoke-on-Trent.

The incident on the M6 happened when Eriksson and her twin sister Ursula were travelling on a National Express coach from Liverpool to London, the day after they had left their home in Ireland.

The coach stopped at the service station to change drivers and the two sisters disembarked and ran on to the motorway's carriageway.

'Reflect grief'

Eriksson, who was wearing a red coat, was knocked into the air by a car and lost consciousness for a few minutes.

When she woke up, she got up to run across the carriageway again. A female police officer tried to stop her but Eriksson punched her.

After running across the opposite carriageway, Eriksson was then restrained by police.

Judge Mr Justice Saunders said Eriksson's culpability for her actions was "low" on the basis of the medical evidence.

He said: "I understand that this sentence will seem entirely inadequate to the relatives of the deceased.

"However, I have sentenced on the basis that the reason for the killing was the mental illness and therefore the culpability of the defendant is low and therefore the sentence I have passed is designed to protect the public.

"It is not designed to reflect the grief the relatives have suffered or to measure the value of Mr Hollinshead's life.

"No sentence that I could pass could do that. It is a sentence which I hope fairly measures a truly tragic event."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf ... 378063.stm

User avatar
slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:17 am
Contact:

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60196Post slabber
Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:37 pm

I see there is no mention of our lads who were first on scene and attempted to stop the twins from endangering other road users! :slno:

User avatar
Nighthawk
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 3:26 pm
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: Dark Side Of The Moon!

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60205Post Nighthawk
Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Maybe not, but at least she's behind bars for now!
Yea Though I Drive Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Fear No Evil....... (Junc 16 - 17)

User avatar
TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: The dark side...

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60214Post TangoOscar31
Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:36 pm

slabber wrote:I see there is no mention of our lads who were first on scene and attempted to stop the twins from endangering other road users! :slno:

Thats because, as you say, your lads "attempted" to stop those twins but in the end, trafpol had to come and save the day :slbe: :slzi:

User avatar
Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Leanin' on the armco

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60217Post Asap
Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 pm

TangoOscar31 wrote:
Thats because, as you say, your lads "attempted" to stop those twins but in the end, trafpol had to come and save the day :slbe: :slzi:

If that includes gettin a smack :slpe: in the mouth before letting go so they could bob over the central res :slzi: :slpe: :slbe:
Laying cones-Delaying people, What's today's imaginary KPI?

User avatar
Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: South East
Contact:

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60222Post Race Track
Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:34 am

TangoOscar31 wrote:
slabber wrote:I see there is no mention of our lads who were first on scene and attempted to stop the twins from endangering other road users! :slno:

Thats because, as you say, your lads "attempted" to stop those twins but in the end, trafpol had to come and save the day :slbe: :slzi:
Yes, the police really took charge of the situation didn't they...

User avatar
TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: The dark side...

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60226Post TangoOscar31
Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 am

Race Track wrote:Yes, the police really took charge of the situation didn't they...
Ofcourse they did? :slbe:

Why were they called then?

What i dont understand is that the older HATO says that he and I quote "I suspected they were both going to do a runner". So why were all 3 lanes re-opened so quickly and why werent the twins "restrained" abit more?? Especially the 2nd after the 1st one did a runner?

Was it not the male police officer and then the female officer who chased her and "re-caught" her on the other carriageway??

Just as well we have fully trained trafpol able to take control of these situations :slgo: :slrol:

User avatar
slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:17 am
Contact:

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60227Post slabber
Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:15 am

First things first. We are not authorised to restrain people, our remit is traffic management, and if a psycho swedish twin wants to lamp someone, why not a highly paid RPU officer. I dont get paid enough to get my handsome features rearranged! :slhehe:

User avatar
Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Location: South East
Contact:

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60230Post Race Track
Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 am

TangoOscar31 wrote: Ofcourse they did? :slbe:

Why were they called then?

What i dont understand is that the older HATO says that he and I quote "I suspected they were both going to do a runner". So why were all 3 lanes re-opened so quickly and why werent the twins "restrained" abit more?? Especially the 2nd after the 1st one did a runner?

Was it not the male police officer and then the female officer who chased her and "re-caught" her on the other carriageway??

Just as well we have fully trained trafpol able to take control of these situations :slgo: :slrol:
I know you are only jesting...

The question isn't "why were they called then?", the question should be, "why weren't they called first?" Pedestrians running across the carriageway and down the central res isn't a HA remit job.

"re-caught" - i thought they were dancing? :slzi:

User avatar
Asap
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Leanin' on the armco

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60232Post Asap
Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Race Track wrote:

The question isn't "why were they called then?", the question should be, "why weren't they called first?" Pedestrians running across the carriageway and down the central res isn't a HA remit job.

Stop it now, we all know it's a hato job to check while BIB finish brew :slzi: , before heading off when scene clear :slz:
Laying cones-Delaying people, What's today's imaginary KPI?

User avatar
TangoOscar31
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: The dark side...

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60234Post TangoOscar31
Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:23 pm

slabber wrote:First things first. We are not authorised to restrain people, our remit is traffic management, and if a psycho swedish twin wants to lamp someone, why not a highly paid RPU officer. I dont get paid enough to get my handsome features rearranged! :slhehe:
Highly paid RPU officer - whats one of those??

You're always saying your a big guy, take more than a psycho swedish twin or two to floor you Im sure? What with that military training as well... :slt:
Race Track wrote:I know you are only jesting...

The question isn't "why were they called then?", the question should be, "why weren't they called first?" Pedestrians running across the carriageway and down the central res isn't a HA remit job.

"re-caught" - i thought they were dancing? :slzi:
Ofcourse Im jesting. I love seeing HATO's squirming in their chairs!

Maybe they were called first, but as you HATO's always say, trafpol were probably sat in a HATO lunch hotspot having a brew and pie's? :slshh:
Asap wrote:Stop it now, we all know it's a hato job to check while BIB finish brew :slzi: , before heading off when scene clear :slz:
Thats because the government employed monkeys, I mean HATO's :slhoo: :slwi: to deal with this stuff. To free up trafpol time for proper crimes! :slt:

User avatar
slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:17 am
Contact:

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60238Post slabber
Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:12 pm

TangoOscar31 wrote:That's because the government employed (ex)monkeys, I mean HATO's :slhoo: :slwi:
I suppose it's better than D&G employing ex cabbage heads!! :slbe: :slbe: :slbe:

User avatar
Wrist Assessment
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:46 pm
Location: The very cold bit of up north

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60240Post Wrist Assessment
Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:58 pm

slabber wrote:
TangoOscar31 wrote:That's because the government employed (ex)monkeys, I mean HATO's :slhoo: :slwi:
I suppose it's better than D&G employing ex cabbage heads!! :slbe: :slbe: :slbe:
TO31 works for Dolce & Gabbana??????????????? Is he the fashion police?? :slzi:
Life is one big DRA

User avatar
slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:17 am
Contact:

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60242Post slabber
Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Wrist Assessment wrote:TO31 works for Dolce & Gabbana??????????????? Is he the fashion police?? :slzi:

Nah, he just thinks he's a prima donna!! :slhehe: :slhehe: :slhehe:

User avatar
Daisy
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Wimbledon Common

Re: Swedish Twins / M6 incident update

Post: # 60244Post Daisy
Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:41 pm

I hope once her prison sentence has finished she will be carted off to the funny farm. Utter Nutter!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic