How the HA can construct new roads.

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

kenworthy
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

How the HA can construct new roads.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:59 pm

We can learn a lot from the animal kingdom, for instance the Brazilian pgymy gecko, i am sure i do not need to tell anyone on here about it`s size and the problems it would have with one drop of rain if not for it`s hydrophobic skin. To see what i mean you can watch this short clip. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p004rqsj

Maybe in future the HA can mix tarmac with this Hydrophobic Coating, in that way rain on the roads will rarely be a cause of collisions.

So, is Kenworthy full of it, or is he thinking outside the box once again? :slcup: :slcup: :slcup:

Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: How the HA can construct new roads.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Roads are already part hydrophobic part porous. Water is supposed to seep through the surface and run off.

kenworthy
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:35 pm

This idea is to make roads completely Hydrophobic, but i may have come across one snag. This coating might turn the roads into an ice skating rink. Which would therefore mean, no spray on windscreen, but you might not be able to stop at all. :slw: :slw: :slw: :slw: :slw:

Race Track
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:54 pm

It's ok being hydrophobic, but the only way water can run off is to have a greater camber which if not appropriate to the road speed conditions can be dangerous.

I doubt the mis would work with the bitumin binder anyway. Probably stop it from setting!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic