DAD HANDCUFFED FOR THROWING SNOWBALL AT WPC

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

DAD HANDCUFFED FOR THROWING SNOWBALL AT WPC

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Dean Smith, 31, was Christmas shopping when
he lobbed the snowball
December 23,2010
By Jan Disley
A STEPFATHER who threw a snowball at a police officer as “a bit of fun” has been hauled before the courts
charged with common assault.

Dean Smith, 31, was Christmas shopping when he lobbed the snowball, which hit the woman constable on her uniform.

But he was stunned when cops turned up with handcuffs to arrest him three days later. He has already appeared before magistrates in Derby and now faces an anxious two-week wait to see if the case against him will go ahead. “It’s pathetic,” he said yesterday. “How much has all this cost the taxpayer? I should just have been given a caution rather than wasting all this time and money.
“I threw it as a joke. I’m not even sure it hit her. The police have been telling people not to call them about snowball fights and then I get arrested for throwing a snowball. I was with my fiancee and my stepson, five. I was going to buy him a sledge and we’d been having a snowball fight.

“I had one snowball left in my hand and I threw it at the police officer as a joke. I thought nothing more of it.

“Three days later they came to arrest me for assaulting a PC. I was busy cooking in the kitchen in my pyjamas. They said they needed to speak to me about an assault on a PC. I was handcuffed in front of my girlfriend and son and taken away. I think it’s fair to say they weren’t very friendly. They told me they don’t take these things very lightly.”

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Re: DAD HANDCUFFED FOR THROWING SNOWBALL AT WPC

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Don't assault the police then!

Interesting that he wasn't offered a Caution for it - obviously he's already used his chance in the past!

Bob Parr
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:25 pm

i ilke the borstal tear

Vostapo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I doubt if he would see it as a 'bit fun' to be randomly struck by a snowball when he's busy at work, then again the scroate probably doesn't work himself which negates his tax payer £'s argument as he isn't one! A very solidly packed snowball lobbed squarely at his crown jewels should bring a bit of reparative justice (and hopefully ensure an end to his pointless gene pool!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic