• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Am I insured? does my car have an MOT?

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'
Mood:

Am I insured? does my car have an MOT?

Post by falkor » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:46 pm

can you check this online?

well there are T+Cs! for checking insurance online ....
I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker or agent and acting on behalf of my client.
I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection Act 1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry.

for checking whether a car has an MOT
You asked for test history information for vehicle registration A123ABC. You provided test number 12345678912345 to confirm that you had a legitimate interest in the vehicle. If you do not have a legitimate interest in the vehicle you must destroy the document. This information is correct at 08/06/14
so in both cases any person can check insurance and MOT online provided that they have a legitimate interest in the vehicle