facebook groups?

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

Bob Parr
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: facebook groups?

Post by Bob Parr » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 am

uk_vette wrote:Hi guy's 'n girls,

From an outside point of view, ie, not being involved with traffic, I fail to see the term "Storm troopers"

Who are they?

Can a couple of yo guy's just put it a bit clearer as to why the "storm troopers" musn't see you, or know your name,

Stormtroopers is the term used to identify a HA employee usually wearing red epaulettes, whose sole purpose in life is to hunt down, target and deal with members of our on line fraternity. :slno: :slno: :slno: :slnono: :slnono: :slnono:

AFAIK no one has been disciplined with being a member of this site, however some have been spoken to and threatened regarding "personal interest" in NT.

Certainly there are issues which TW has raised regarding the Human Rights Act, which would probably lead to an Industrial Tribunal against the HA.

Gerrof my hardshoulder!
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Gerrof my hardshoulder! » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:12 pm

TheWanderer wrote:There are loads of non-NT members on the 2 facebook groups and I don't believe anyone has had any stormtrooper interaction on either of them
I've never had any issues with being a member of either group. I'm a HATO and proud of it, and have willingly signed up to Facebook HATO group number three. Will that make me easier to identify? Maybe, but they'll have to be quick cos the membership of all three groups is rising.
You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Nighthawk
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Nighthawk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:38 am

Gerrof my hardshoulder! wrote:
TheWanderer wrote:There are loads of non-NT members on the 2 facebook groups and I don't believe anyone has had any stormtrooper interaction on either of them
I've never had any issues with being a member of either group. I'm a HATO and proud of it, and have willingly signed up to Facebook HATO group number three. Will that make me easier to identify? Maybe, but they'll have to be quick cos the membership of all three groups is rising.
I'm still wearing my tin foil hat for safety...
Yea Though I Drive Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Fear No Evil....... (Junc 16 - 17)

BravoGolfCharlie1988
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by BravoGolfCharlie1988 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:42 am

Well, I'm in... hidden in amongst 22 other members :slbl:

The Punisher
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Punisher » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:52 pm

25 and counting now!

Of which I may or may not be one :sleye:

...okay yes, yes I am :slsix:
Children in backseats cause accidents
Accidents in backseats cause children

Grim_Reaper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Grim_Reaper » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Got my Fantasy Premiership dream team entered into the league. Complete with yellow and Orange strip with Blue shoulders. Wombles Athletic is the name to look out for. C`mon the wombles!!!!
Fighting for peace is like Sh*gging for virginity!...

Matrix
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Matrix » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:26 am

wouldnt mind joining if someone would invite moi?

uk_vette
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by uk_vette » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:59 pm

I am on normal face book.
So perhaps an invite may come my way,

and hush . . . . . mum's the word.

Charl_Hunter
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Charl_Hunter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Likewise I am on facebook, but not in any HATO groups, but if anyone wants to hunt me down its mart228 'at' hotmail.co.uk
Swatted

Keokeo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Keokeo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:07 am

Matrix Wrote
wouldnt mind joining if someone would invite moi?
You don't need inviting Matrix just search for HATO or Highways Agency then join.
I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.

Rains
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by Rains » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 am

Never seen the point of Face Book or the like. People that know you, er . . . know you! Why would anyone wish to put their photo up for a stranger? if it's a very secure site/group, then perhaps it has some value., but then we're back to "Never seen the point of Face Book or the like. People that know you, er . . . know you!" 8)

Jock Abroad
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Jock Abroad » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:07 am

Rains, there are many privacy settings on Facebook, so your not necessarilly letting strangers see any of your details.

As an ex forces bod, the likes of Facebook is a great way of keeping in touch or contacting many of the friends and aquaintances you have met over the years. Also a fantastic way of sharing photos, news and fun with mates serving abroad, keeping them in the loop with thier social circles elswhere. Many of my Forces friends I may never necessarily meet again for a beer but they still meant a lot to me at a time in my past and I still like to know thier doing OK.

I am almost addicted to it! Still to convince Mrs JA of its point though!
Speed is not a cause, it is a contributory factor. It's incompetent driving that kills!

uk_vette
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by uk_vette » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Good points there JA,
Still my OH is convinced FB is for finding ex girl friends and loose women!

Now they must be there some where ! :slme:

Rains
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by Rains » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Jock Abroad wrote:Rains, there are many privacy settings on Facebook, so your not necessarilly letting strangers see any of your details.

As an ex forces bod, the likes of Facebook is a great way of keeping in touch or contacting many of the friends and aquaintances you have met over the years. Also a fantastic way of sharing photos, news and fun with mates serving abroad, keeping them in the loop with thier social circles elswhere. Many of my Forces friends I may never necessarily meet again for a beer but they still meant a lot to me at a time in my past and I still like to know thier doing OK.

I am almost addicted to it! Still to convince Mrs JA of its point though!
Jock Abroad, yes see your point. Must admit I surpose I'd like to see a few old faces from past workplaces and the like, see how kind/unkind the years have been to them. :slsa:

uk_vette
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by uk_vette » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:27 pm

As always, you must be very carefull with "Friend Requests"

Read - Trojan Horse, not all they seem to be.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic