Brave police officer back on his bike after Coventry hit/run

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

Brave police officer back on his bike after Coventry hit/run

Post by falkor » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:35 am

PC Alastair Davies, PC Dave Miles, PC Martin Goldingay, PCSO Joel Lewis, PCSO Jon Steed, PCSO Kim Elliott and PCSO Sarah Coton
Coventry hit and run
Nov 23 2009 by Emma Stone, Coventry Telegraph

A BRAVE police community support officer who was mowed down by a driver and thrown across the bonnet of a car was back on patrol less than 48 hours later.
PCSO Joel Lewis was left lying in the road after being struck by the car in Canley Ford on Wednesday night.

The driver sped off leaving the injured officer lying in the road. He was later captured by officers less than half a mile away and arrested.

Despite being left bruised and shaken PCSO Lewis returned to his beat on Friday morning, earning the praise of police chiefs.

The officer, who has worked for West Midlands Police for the past three years, was out on bike patrol with fellow PCSO Jon Steed when they came across a suspicious car parked in the middle of Canley Ford with its lights on and engine running at about 8.30pm.

PCSO Lewis approached the car and started speaking to the driver but he sped off straight into a dead end.

The driver then spun the car around and drove back towards the two officers.

PCSO Lewis said: “I was giving him the signal to stop. He had a clear run and he was able to see what we were doing.

HotelEcho1971
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: Brave police officer back on his bike after Coventry hit/run

Post by HotelEcho1971 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Good for them! Shows guts and determination not to be beaten. :slclap: :slclap: :slclap: :slclap:
The real leader has no need to lead--
he is content to point the way.
Henry Miller

Nighthawk
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: Brave police officer back on his bike after Coventry hit/run

Post by Nighthawk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:51 pm

He's lucky. The Wigan PCSO died when hit my a truck.
Yea Though I Drive Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Fear No Evil....... (Junc 16 - 17)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic