Madness in the fast lane (M6)

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

Madness in the fast lane (M6)

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:48 pm

In 2008, BBC cameras filmed two Swedish sisters throwing themselves into traffic on the M6. When it was shown on BBC One, nearly 7 million viewers were glued to their screens, and millions more watched it later on YouTube.

Image BBC iplayer

The footage was shocking. One previewer wrote “On no account miss this documentary. It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I’ve seen on TV”.

But this amazing footage was only part of an even more incredible story, one which could not be told at the time for legal reasons.

Now, two years later, this documentary reveals the full story of the hours just before the cameras captured that motorway footage, and the even more chilling story of what happened over next 72 hours, which left one of the sisters fleeing the scene of a crime, after she had stabbed a man through the chest.

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Madness in the fast lane (M6)

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Falk, this is already running in the Swedish Fruit Cake topic. ;)

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:05 am

sheesh there's THREE threads running on it

here's the 3rd
Chocolate boy wrote:Looks like I'm not the only one that thought so.

http://national-pcsos.co.uk/h2phpBB3/vi ... ish#p60193
ok you have the whole weekend to watch it on BBC iplayer, as usual BBC iplayer shelves the programme after a certain number of days

DON'T MISS IT - flippin amazing :slhuh:

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 am

I sky plussed it and saved it ;)

Nighthawk
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:41 am

Watched it on BBC i Player this morning.. Blimey, only 5 years!!!!
What motorway runs near the prison? (Making sure I'm no where near)...

On a more serious note.. The sentence did not reflect the crime. I don't think anybody who dealt with them from day one will ever be the same again. From the T.O's to the CMPG patrols, to the drivers who ran them over.. Especially the family of the guy who was murdered! Oh, and not to forget the guy who tried to stop her from harming herself. The only thanks he got was a belt across the head with a roofing slate! Then the silly cow jumps off a bridge onto the A50!!!!!! More inocent victims!
She needs locking up to keep the public safe! To hell with her, I have no sympathy for her! :slpe:
Yea Though I Drive Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Fear No Evil....... (Junc 16 - 17)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic