surrender to lawlessness

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

surrender to lawlessness

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:37 am

Never mind rioting yobs. The real enemy will soon be roaming your street
the way forward:
community punishments
instead of prison
Surrender to lawlessness:
Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke
The parasites and bawling wreckers who invaded London on Thursday did David Cameron a favour. They helped to draw our eyes and minds away from a much more frightening event. This was the Government’s surrender to lawlessness and disorder, bumptiously trumpeted by Kenneth Clarke last week.

The Prime Minister was very worried about this announcement, which was delayed several times because of his fretting. He was not concerned because he disagreed with it, for he is wholly in tune with Mr Clarke. He was nervous in case Tory voters finally grasped what sort of Government this is. But the poor dears sleep on, still fooled.

Luckily for Mr Cameron and for Mr Clarke, sympathetic media and a series of other events swiftly buried Mr Clarke’s Green Paper.

When its effects are felt over the coming years, few will realise that their intolerable, besieged, vandalised lives, their smashed front doors and violated homes, their drug-ruined children, their distraught and bloodied family members weeping powerlessly for justice and not getting it, are the direct consequences of Mr Cameron and his deliberate decision to stop even trying to protect the public.

This year this country reached a moment of decision. It has been coming for some years. The amount of crime and disorder, caused mainly by the deliberate destruction of the married family and the abolition of fatherhood, is now enormous.

Mr Clarke’s solution is to stop sending large numbers of bad people to prison at all, and to use so-called community punishments instead, even though their feeble uselessness is proven by a recent report from Policy Exchange. Currently such punishments often go uncompleted, and frequently involve such stern retribution as working in charity shops. The reoffending rate is appalling.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z17yhHub9M

Guinness Man
Navigator
Navigator

Re: surrender to lawlessness

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:46 am

Unfortunately that about sums it up, unless you live in a gated community you are going to be at the mercy of the local mob and god help you if you try and defend yourself, family or your property.
People are like tea bags you have to put them in hot water to find out how strong they are.

TM1
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Centaur'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:28 pm

I read recently that there were only 36 prison cells available in the UK for the month of November, and that at the moment 65% of the prison population are there due to a drug related crime.
I'm not sure what the answer is but what we are doing at the moment is obviously not working.
Perhaps it is time to look at de-criminalising some of the lesser drug offences.
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow,
Don't walk behind me I may not lead,
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

TheWanderer
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

TM1 wrote: Perhaps it is time to look at de-criminalising some of the lesser drug offences.
This will have no impact. Those inside for drug related crime are traffickers, producers, cultivators, dealers, and the ones in for the related firearms, violence,burglary, robbery, autocrime and related offences that go hand in hand with addiction.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic