moving out of police stations and into shared facilities

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: R C C

who should police share facilities with?

You may select 1 option

View results

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

moving out of police stations and into shared facilities

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Read the latest issue of "POLICE", (NOV) on page 13 you will see confirmation that police will be moving out of police stations and into shared facilities with the fire brigade, schools, libraries and supermarkets and that's just Hampshire Constabulary.

Surrey Police prefer Civic Centres for their shared facilities but have not drawn the line at a Lock Keeper's office, Housing Trust HQ or basically anywhere that allows police stations to get sold

what is your take on this?

HotelEcho1971
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: moving out of police stations and into shared facilities

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 pm

I think it's a brilliant idea for the services to share facilities.
Mind you...I can't see the fire service being too happy about being woken up at all hours as their police colleagues rush out to immediates!
The real leader has no need to lead--
he is content to point the way.
Henry Miller

pongolad
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Half-Troll'
Alignment: 'Illithid'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 pm

HotelEcho1971 wrote:I think it's a brilliant idea for the services to share facilities.
Mind you...I can't see the fire service being too happy about being woken up at all hours as their police colleagues rush out to immediates!
No chance the 'water fairies' will agree to that - got to be in bed before midnight, they need their 'beauty sleep' to ensure they can attend their daytime jobs :sldoh:

My area shares one station - the Fire & Rescue bods bricked the doors up 'cos they didn't like being disturbed by a '24 hour' service :slsix: We also use one as a 'standby point' - but only to park the bus in their garage - we have to use a portacabin out the back 'cos they don't want to be disturbed :slnak: Sometimes it's easy to forget it's 0300hrs as you deploy to a job, with lights & sirens :slbi: I usually remember to switch the sirens off about half mile up the road :slst:

Nighthawk
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:31 am

Nothing wrong with section sharing a shopping centre. One of the areas where I used to work did this every christmas. Then again, why not combine the Police station in with the Town Hall? They did this in the Victorian era at Manchester Town Hall, infact it's still there, just used now for storage.
Yea Though I Drive Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Fear No Evil....... (Junc 16 - 17)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic