• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

members of this site who have mobile phones

Site slow? Links not leading to the right place? Sloppy design? Inaccurate text? we want to know!!

Moderator: R C C

the board may switch a mobile phone user to the style ARTODIA :MOBILE automatically

You may select 1 option

View results

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'
Mood:

members of this site who have mobile phones

Post by falkor » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:00 pm

there is a specific style mobile friendly that you can now choose ARTODIA : MOBILE

if you don't think ARTODIA : MOBILE is necessary from your mobile please which existing template on the site is "mobile friendly""?? (please specify)

ARTODIA : MOBILE is a new "minimalistic" style for mobile devices, such as iPhone and Android phones

What is a "minimalistic" style ? Well it means that the template does not contain all the features that the site normally offers, it is a stripped down version, so that it is more mobile friendly!

If you find that X feature and Y feature are not there, that is because it is minamalistic - it will certainly not display half of the usual site elements - because the idea is that you can do basic features easier, e.g. you can see topics, you can see posts.

To select another style find UCP, or User Control Panel in your top menu, you should see a tabbed area in the centre of your UCP that begins with "Overview" just select "Board Preferences" from the tabs and then "My board style": change the drop down to the desired style selection e.g. Artodia: Mobile

AUTOMATIC FEATURE
The board is looking for members coming using mobile phones, it may switch a member to ARTODIA : MOBILE automatically, do you agree with this feature?

Bob Parr
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: members of this site who have mobile phones

Post by Bob Parr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Bob Parr wrote:
I like it Malc

Looked at it on the iPad looks slick, none confusing easy to post!

Big thumbs up,:o)

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 am

I don't like the way it puts me straight onto the mobile version when I log in with my phone. I don't like it, I didn't ask for it and I wont be logging in again from my phone - ever! I'll wait till i'm home and log in via my pc. :slr:

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Mood:

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:56 am

well that's the idea of the poll slab :slhd:

to see who wants what, so far you are the only objector - 3 have said they're not bothered either way

I'm very sorry that you don't like it but it has many advantages over it's nearest rival "Tapatalk" and the default position (which is view the style as given per laptop/ PC)

what don't you like about it Slab? I'm all ears!!! :slhi: if you don't think ARTODIA : MOBILE is necessary from your mobile please which existing template on the site is "mobile friendly""?? (please specify)

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 pm

My mobile browser gives me the full works similar to a pc only smaller. I just don't like mobile versions, they look cheap and tacky and don't render properly on my mobile screen.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Mood:

Post by falkor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 am

[ external image ][ external image ]
this is what you should see when using your Mobile Phone, just hit the Star top right to get "videos" - "Faq" - "Pages" any comments on the Mobile Phone access please?

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by slabber » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Nope, sticking to full version. :slgo: unless you're going to put it on tapatalk, then I would use it as I've got it installed on my smart phone :slgo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic