does this site need new features?

Site slow? Links not leading to the right place? Sloppy design? Inaccurate text? we want to know!!

Moderator: R C C

I vote that the following feature is THE top new feature that should be installed here

You may select 1 option

View results

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

does this site need new features?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 pm

1. Last visit in viewtopic profile
The time that a user last visited the site is already in the user's profile page (note, a user's profile page can only be seen by other users, it is not open to the public)

NEW: Place a new item into the viewtopic field, below the username of the author making the reply - insert "LAST VISITED SITE" and date user last visited
2. Create a new page showing the site's usergroups
The groups that are open to a user are already available to users to see via their UCP (User Control Panel) (a user's UCP can only be seen by that user, it is not open to the public)

NEW: Place a new page viewable to anybody showing the site's usergroups
3. Tweet this topic or post
There are no tweet orientated facilities yet installed on this site, expertise on "twitter" is actually sought to assist with this.

NEW: Place a new facility into the viewtopic operation that allows a user to publicise a post or topic, via their own twitter account
4. Image Gallery
Traffic Officer photos are already uploaded to our PBASE site which probably contains more than enough images than we actually need already, however, should users have the capability to upload their own images to the site?

NEW: Users may create their own image albums integral to the site forums
5. Facebook profile link
NEW: A user may add their own Facebook page link to their site profile page (note, a user's profile page can only be seen by other users, it is not open to the public)
6. Twitter profile link
NEW: A user may add their own Twitter account page link to their profile page (note, a user's profile page can only be seen by other users, it is not open to the public)
7. YouTube profile link
NEW A user may add their own YouTube account /channel link to their profile page (note, a user's profile page can only be seen by other users, it is not open to the public)
8. Weekly Forum Digests
NEW: Every week a digest of the last 7 days topics are automatically emailed to anybody who signs up for this "digest" (if you do not sign up for it, it is not emailed to you)
9. PM SEARCH
NEW Adds a search box to the Private Messages folders, enabling you to search any private messages you have
10. Merge 2 users
NEW: 2 Users are merged into one:
Allows merging two users into one user, allowing the unified user to have ownership of all topics, attachments, PMs, etc. that both users had (NOTE, this action cannot be undone!)
First of all please step forward anybody with a Twitter Account, a YouTube Account or a Facebook Account. All I want from you is a) do you want the features that apply to these accounts, that are described above? B) if so, would you be willing to TEST the features to see if they work properly (may take up to 7 days testing)

Second, can all members please carefully consider all 10 "new features" listed above. We don't want all of them, that would just be plain greedy, but we can certainly have a few! Which few? That's what I want to know!

So tell me! Which are the few from that list that should go forward??

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: does this site need new features?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm

I have Twitter and You tube but I hardly use them. A gallery would be a really useful addition to the site. Other forums I use have them and they're really well used. :slgo:

xHx
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:35 pm

I have twitter/facebook but probably wouldnt add this site to it as i dont see the relevance.

Gallery would be good as would exploring the idea of weekly digest...though perhaps it could be a few unanswered topics, some popular ones and a couple of wildcards rather than every single topic in 7 days?! Just an idea that would make it a bit more dynamic (sorry for management speak!!)

x
Live a lot, love a few but always paddle your own canoe.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:04 am

Further information on the Proposed Image Gallery
  • Filetypes: gif, jpeg & png
  • Imagesize: filesize, image-height, image-width
  • Resize images on upload
  • Global control about comment & rating system
  • Thumbnails: GD-version, quality and size
  • Images available in 3 sizes (thumbnail, medium, full)
  • Several options to thumbnail-displaying album.php: number of rows & columns, options to display (username, rating, comments, upload-time,...)
  • RRC (recent-random-comment): little Addon displaying the recent images, random images and/or recent comments on the gallery/indey.php with full ACP-Control
  • Sub-folder name adjustable (default: gallery/)
  • Search function (also available in the album) (page for Recent/Random/Top-Rated/Last comments/Own images)
  • Highslide JS, Shadowbox and Lytebox support
  • Diashow (Requires a Plugin to be installed, see contrib/plugins/)
Further information on the Proposed Weekly Digest

Please view this http://www.nationaltraffic.co.uk/pimage ... ests1a.jpg

Please view this http://www.nationaltraffic.co.uk/pimage ... ests2a.jpg

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:18 am

What's more shocking from your links Falk, is the fact you're still using the dinosaur Internet Explorer!! Have you tried Google Chrome, it's very good. :slgo:

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:24 pm

no not yet Slab, give me time man, time!

so, I have installed "merge 2 users" and "image gallery"

are there any further new features that members would like to see added?

Wrist Assessment
Committee Member
Committee Member

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:33 pm

slabber wrote:What's more shocking from your links Falk, is the fact you're still using the dinosaur Internet Explorer!! Have you tried Google Chrome, it's very good. :slgo:
Oi!! I'm still using Internet Explorer as well. There's nowt wrong with steam. thy knows!! :slbe:
Life is one big DRA

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Well get yourself into the 21st century and get chrome installed. :slgo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic