Site looks very basic.

Site slow? Links not leading to the right place? Sloppy design? Inaccurate text? we want to know!!

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

styles clear out, functionality clear out

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

phpBB 3.0.0 was officially released on December 13, 2007

a lot of the styles that were installed on this site have since been deleted as they aged into oblivion

4 years is a lifetime in internet web site terms and if something was written back in 2007, who knows how relevant or secure or efficient it is now

I have to tell you that various styles and functionality installed on this site was written back then or the following year when this site signed up from phpBB2 to phpBB3

we use a great (if not the best) forums software out there, it is phpBB3 and for moderators and administrators (as well as standard members) it has brought us massive improvements and ease of use

But the time has now come to regrettably "drop" all styles that are even now ageing past their sell by dates, drop the extra functionality that was once thought "a good idea" but is probably ignored by most people and is now "a complication" or even "an obstruction" for our users

On Sunday night a PRUNING PROCESS will occur that will end up with everybody being bunged onto PROSILVER

PROSILVER is the most stable style that phpBB3 has, although we already have stable versions of PROSILVER and subSilver2 - totally brand new versions of these 2 styles will be installed overwriting all previous versions

Come Monday morning you will be able to

A) choose to stay with prosilver or change to subsilver2

B) find out what functionality is left

C) participate on the site much the same as before, I doubt whether you will even know the difference - however - some hardened very regular members could notice missing functions, we are going back to bare basic

ok ANY QUESTIONS? otherwise, nothing to worry about :slgo:

Tricky
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Chaos Warrior'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: styles clear out, functionality clear out

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:35 am

What?? No more subMerged??? I'm going to cry :slsad: :slsad:

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Site looks very basic.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Falk, are you winding the site down? it looks very basic at the moment, or is it a "work in progress?" ;)

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Site looks very basic.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

what else do people want then?

slabber
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:39 pm

How about some photos of the patrol cars that used to be on. A site logo to give us a "brand" There's 2 to be going on with. Oh and smilies don't work if you click on them, luckily I can remember the image code. :slgo: Now that we have just the 2 styles, can a site logo work across both of them?

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:24 pm

so can anybody supply photos, I need 9 photos of good resolution 900 wide at least ( my email address )

is this what other people want?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic