questions you were afraid to ask but really need to ask

Site slow? Links not leading to the right place? Sloppy design? Inaccurate text? we want to know!!

Moderator: R C C

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Class: 'Ranger Varient'

questions you were afraid to ask but really need to ask

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:50 pm

are you:

a BASIC LEVEL user OR

ADVANCED ?
Blackrat wrote:Flash, how do you put a link and rename it like you have done above?
we cannot know everything about how to do stuff on this site, there is just too much to do :twisted:

RECOMMENDATION

if you have just joined the site then definitely read the BASIC USER stuff shown above

if you are a hardened member like Blackrat and Flash then please do read up on the advanced stuff too, the sections are actually pretty brief but I'll bet you'll spot something handy in the first couple of minutes! :wink:

Flash
Committee Member
Committee Member

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:35 pm

:lol: I bet you wonder why I am laughing!?! :lol:

That is because I am really Computer Illiterate.......no honestly!! :oops:

Well in saying that I obviously get by :wink:

I actually had to ask Charl_Hunter how to rename a link, as I didn't have a clue.................Another brownie point to Charl :D Thank you Mr Charl!

But thats what it is all about, IF you dont know.......Read Up On It!.......If that does not help then just ASK!! Once I did it, it was easy, so when Blackrat asked me how to do it....I could tell him......now he knows!!! and so on!

No one is going to make you feel silly just because you dont know how to do something!! I look silly without that against me :lol:

'The answer to a question is only simple........IF YOU KNOW IT'! :wink:

Thanks Falk, great thread!! :wink:
Proud to be part of National Traffic!!!!!

Charl_Hunter
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Fantastic post Falk!! And don't forget that if you think you might want to reference to it in the future to remind yourself how to do things then you can click "BookMark" (in the top left of the header) to add it to your site bookmarks for quick and easy future viewing. :D
Swatted

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:35 am

Charl_Hunter wrote:Ok, so for arguements sake I am going to upload a picture to this post and its off my phone which always comes out huge, if I attach it it will come out a reasonable size and wont cause the screen to be huge and scroll?
Hi Charl :( sorry, for images in posts, there is a maximum width of 600, otherwise there is a danger that scrolls will happen - depending on users computer capabilities/ settings

resizing images above 600 will be necessary in such cases, before they are added to our posts :wink:

Popeye
Official Member
Official Member

Auto sign-in problems

Wed May 09, 2007 6:21 pm

Hi Falk

Don't know if I've screwed up somewhere but can you help.
Since I started I only had to sign in the once and everytime I bought up the site I was signed in.
Now I have to sign in every time. My oppo says it is something to do with cookies but as I have
not deleted them for ages I don't think this is the problem.
Not exactly a computer genius so can you help?

Popeye
"Non carborundum illigitimasus"

State5
Official Member
Official Member

Wed May 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Just had a thought - I assume you are ticking the 'keep me logged on' box (or what ever it's called) when you sign in each time? Silly question I know and I'm sure you are......... :D

Popeye
Official Member
Official Member

Wed May 09, 2007 7:16 pm

State5 wrote:Just had a thought - I assume you are ticking the 'keep me logged on' box (or what ever it's called) when you sign in each time? Silly question I know and I'm sure you are......... :D
Ke???????

State5
Official Member
Official Member

Thu May 10, 2007 3:51 am

Ok, I've just logged out and then on the login screen, below where you put your username and password is an option :

'Log me on automatically each visit'

Select this, and then click send. This SHOULD mean that you stay logged on all the time.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Thu May 10, 2007 7:33 am

thanks State5 but it's not working for Popeye :cry:
Since I started I only had to sign in the once and everytime I bought up the site I was signed in.
Now I have to sign in every time. My oppo says it is something to do with cookies but as I have
not deleted them for ages I don't think this is the problem.
You may have no option but to try it Popeye, this is the biggest and most effective way of solving the problem - however it comes at a fairly hefty price as all your other sites that had that ticked will then LOSE the tick if you do this :?

:arrow: Cant log out

FIRST

Q do you close the site down or LOG OUT when you exit?

A you are not supposed to log out when you leave the board, or it won't work.

OK TRY logging in with a different browser

SECOND

Close the browser to this site.
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools --> Internet Options --- Delete Cookies

Then, press Delete Cookies and allow a couple of minutes for file processing
then ...... reload the site and login with autologin.

=========
side effects with Deleting Cookies
hehe this "cure" - just like a good tonic - has side effects that you should know about

unfortunately - all other websites that you logged into using "Log me on automatically each visit" will now have momentarily 'forgotten' that you ever checked that tickbox, you'll have to go back to those sites in due course and repeat that "Log me on automatically each visit" at each one

=========
is anybody ELSE having the problem that Popeye describes? he has the auto log in box ticked but is having to LOG IN each time, is this happening TO YOU??

Popeye
Official Member
Official Member

Thu May 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Okay, deleated everything ie: cookies etc and now it seems to work fine.
Perhaps I just had too much junk in my computer.

Cheers guys!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic